JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

How appropriate!

Both of these are really funny, but we have to remember when out in the ministry to not express our personal opinions on this topic because it is a political issue.

If a householder asks "What are your thoughts about gun control?" - don't get sucked into that. Instead, talk about how the issue that spawns that topic is school violence and violence in general, and how God's Kingdom will rid the earth of violence.

I know I am preaching to the choir here, but it was just something a group of us were discussing the other day.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Both of these are really funny, but we have to remember when out in the ministry to not express our personal opinions on this topic because it is a political issue.

If a householder asks "What are your thoughts about gun control?" - don't get sucked into that. Instead, talk about how the issue that spawns that topic is school violence and violence in general, and how God's Kingdom will rid the earth of violence.

I know I am preaching to the choir here, but it was just something a group of us were discussing the other day.

Thanks, Bob!

Your point is well taken.

-Dave

Good point Bob.

Around here you could just say that you thought gun control was hitting what you were aiming at and people will agree. :pistols:

Our congregation territory has mostly rurals where people hunt and it also holds the State Prison with "Death Row" and where they execute - when they do.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Oklahoma is big on their freedom of firearms "rights" too. Two sisters one 17 and one 65 were shot at in service 2 weeks ago during our CO's visit. The pioneer meeting had to be delayed while papers were filled out with the sheriffs. The bullet missed them and hit the house they were walking away from. Close call for our sisters.

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Nearly everyone has guns here too. When we first came down here, the neighbors tried to scare us by shooting over our heads. One bullet went through a window in the living room. We didn't know that the land we bought was used to grow that other kind of grass.

If it were up to me we would have moved, but then Grumpy and his Dad weren't gonna let a few "Rednecks" scare those big bad "Northerners" away. So we stayed. A couple of years later all the neighbors were in jail and we weren't bothered any more.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.