JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

australia on tsunami alert

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4063 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Australia and pacific nations on tsunami alert after 8.0 magnitude earthquake off the Solomon islands. Wish my son

would come home from the surf now!

I think Australia is safe but they still have a warning for New Zealand and surrounding islands

Forgive freely as Jehovah Freely forgives us :)

5 people sadly died from the tsunami in one of the islands, villages destroyed. Things can change in an instant can't it. Made me think of how swiftly events will unfold once great tribulation starts. We probably won't have time to post here!!!

You poor brothers and sisters are really rockin' and rollin' over there these days! Since Feb. 6, there have been 5 earthquakes greater than 7.0 in the Santa Cruz Islands region.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eqarchives/year/mag7.php

and something like 10 over 6.0 since Jan. 30. YIKES! :eek: I read on the USGS site that it is the most seismically active area in the world. Sending love, prayers and hugs your way...:givehug:

The Bee

Our local needs Thursday night was on our Go Bags and especially preparing our families now for a natural disaster.

We were told our congregation's local meeting points in the case of a big disaster, and to make sure our family knows our own emergency meeting point in case we're not all together when disaster strikes and can't contact each other.

Very timely with the natural disasters we have had in Australia - bushfires, floods, cyclones, tornados, tsunami warnings!

Far out. I have missed the news. Am up in Hervey Bay.

I hope you all up in the northen end are ok.

The first time I heard of tsuansmi warnings in Aussie was like 4 years back. One memorial time.

Dad rang me up. I was out doing some invitation drop offs.

Our CO had rang with the warning &was passing on from our Bethel

The weather warnings for this tsunami.

Many brothers who lived near the beach went for high ground.

Scarey to think about this.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody."