JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

WAITING TO BE RETRENCHED

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4076 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

We have been sent on an indefinite leave awaiting our final lay off! I am even failing to imagine how mesireble my life will be without employment.

Whoever, therefore, wants to be a friend of the world is constituting himself an enemy of God. (James 4:4)

We have been sent on an indefinite leave awaiting our final lay off! I am even failing to imagine how mesireble my life will be without employment.

That is sad. But one thing is for sure, if you put God's kingdom first, he will definitely take care of you. I know alot of brothers here in Zambia who are not working,but they are always at the meetings looking happy. Jehovah is taking care of them, you will find something else to keep you going. Mulungu akhudaliseni mubale wanga.

It is not important where we serve nor in what capacity but, rather, whom we serve. MARKUS HARTLIEF

Sorry to hear that. Is there any way for you to start looking for employment? Perhaps part time job until you received the final pay slip? I am sorry for suggesting without knowing the full story. Will pray for you.

Agape,

Dave

Do not despair. You are serving Jehovah and you have a loving father who is wealthy beyond belief! Matthew 6... keep on seeking the kingdom and you will be taken care of forever! Be open to possibilities. Hang in there.

Thanks Chris for your encouragement, I am sure Jehovah will keep on keeping me when I continue serving him faithfully.

Whoever, therefore, wants to be a friend of the world is constituting himself an enemy of God. (James 4:4)

That is sad. But one thing is for sure, if you put God's kingdom first, he will definitely take care of you. I know alot of brothers here in Zambia who are not working,but they are always at the meetings looking happy. Jehovah is taking care of them, you will find something else to keep you going. Mulungu akhudaliseni mubale wanga.

thanks Abdon, muwapatse moni abale kumeneko!

I am sorry for suggesting without knowing the full story. Will pray for you.

Agape,

Dave

because of time I'll not tell you full story however Malawi Govt has done that to all Air Malawi staff (about 243) you can google. I've already started looking for another employment though I still need your prayers. Thank you for your true love brother Dave.

Henderson, losing your empoyment is a cause for concern but keep in mind the expressions that has Jehovah made about sustaining his servants. The inspired psalmist wrote: “Jehovah will not forsake his people.” (Ps. 94:14) And Jesus Christ said: “Never be anxious and say, ‘What are we to eat?’ or, ‘What are we to drink?’ or, ‘What are we to put on?’ . . . For your heavenly Father knows you need all these things. Keep on, then, seeking first the kingdom and his righteousness, and all these other things will be added to you.”—Matt. 6:31-33.

Therefore, all who truly seek God’s kingdom and his righteousness first will experience his loving care. Though you may find yourself in seemingly hopeless circumstances, the expressions of Jehovah’s mouth will sustain you. As the manna was a tangible expression from Jehovah’s mouth and kept the Israelites alive in the wilderness, so today Jehovah’s promise to sustain his servants will take a tangible form. Since undue worry about daily cares of life can be destructive to our spiritual outlook, we do well to keep strong our faith in Jehovah’s ability to provide for us.—Heb. 13:5, 6. :encourage:

You will be in my thoughts & prayers.

Henderson, losing your empoyment is a cause for concern but keep in mind the expressions that has Jehovah made about sustaining his servants. The inspired psalmist wrote: “Jehovah will not forsake his people.” (Ps. 94:14) And Jesus Christ said: “Never be anxious and say, ‘What are we to eat?’ or, ‘What are we to drink?’ or, ‘What are we to put on?’ . . . For your heavenly Father knows you need all these things. Keep on, then, seeking first the kingdom and his righteousness, and all these other things will be added to you.”—Matt. 6:31-33.

Therefore, all who truly seek God’s kingdom and his righteousness first will experience his loving care. Though you may find yourself in seemingly hopeless circumstances, the expressions of Jehovah’s mouth will sustain you. As the manna was a tangible expression from Jehovah’s mouth and kept the Israelites alive in the wilderness, so today Jehovah’s promise to sustain his servants will take a tangible form. Since undue worry about daily cares of life can be destructive to our spiritual outlook, we do well to keep strong our faith in Jehovah’s ability to provide for us.—Heb. 13:5, 6. :encourage:

You will be in my thoughts & prayers.

Sister Betty,

You deserve many thanks for these lovely and faith strengthening scriptures, I am taking this as an opportunity to increase hours of ministering, and this helps me to focus on

Kingdom promises not my problem.

Honestly, I have felt your love and that of my other spiritual relations on this forum.

Keep up the good work, Henderson. We do love and pray for you. I still have a job, but who knows for how long any of us will. Jehovah will care for us.:grouphug:

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Keep up the good work, Henderson. We do love and pray for you. I still have a job, but who knows for how long any of us will. Jehovah will care for us.:grouphug:

I am happy you are there when I need you most, conforting and strengthening me. Thank you!

Dear Brother Henderson,

I just want to tell you that after my divorce I had to go back to work full time at age 60 & then had to quit because of my poor health. I was scared & didn't know how I would pay all the bills. Now at age 72 I now live on my Social Security & small penson & have been able to pay my bills. Most of the time at the end of the month I know that the only way that I have accomplished this is with Jehovah's help. I don't have any extra after bills are paid but I am very very content with my simpler life. Staying close to Jehovah by reading the Bible daily, prayer, meetings & putting his Kingdom first in your life is the answer. Jehovah has promised that he will care for you. Sometimes when I feel that things aren't quite right, I stop & examine myself to see where I am falling short & correct whatever it may be so that our loving heavenly father, Jehovah will continue to take care of me. If you are able look for friends old & young that might need assistance & help them out. It makes you feel so good, just as Jesus said "there is more happiness in giving" :readbible:

Sister Betty,

Thank you for sharing your experience, I'll try to do as you have suggested.

Brother Henderson,

You remind me of one of the talks at the last District Convention we had. The brother said that we need to prepare our HEARTS and MINDS for any eventuality in these critical last days that we are living in. Anything can happen unexpectedly, be it loss of employment, death, sickness, etc. Whatever happens, JEHOVAH should always be number one in everything we do and HE will NEVER EVER neglect us. Keep on attending our Christian Meetings, have a meaningful share in the field ministry, do not forget to talk to him in prayer whenever you feel like and make Jehovah's friends your friends.

Sister CK

I enjoy the meetings and it is where I get strength. I thank you for your timely encouragement sister Cecilia. I've been made to believe that trust in Jehovah is the most effective way for dealing with my problem. Agape!