JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

HP Printer HELP!!!

A brother from our Cong. bought a new HP Deskjet 1050A printer, he could not install it so he brought to me ( i wonder why brothers think am an expert in these things). I installed the software on his and my PC, though it asked for missing drivers, of which i downloaded and installed. On my PC, when i connect am getting the massage that the USB is not recognised,so i stop there. On his Lap top it was able to connect but it could not print. When i command there is no response, nothing.

I have seen brothers who are really EXPERTS on this Forum. Please help. What can i do? The printer is so important to this Service Overseer.

It is not important where we serve nor in what capacity but, rather, whom we serve. MARKUS HARTLIEF

I had the same thing Happen with my Deskjet.

Have you put in the ink catridges properly.

For me this is what halted the PC from reccognizing the printer.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

On your PC - go back to "Devices and Printers" and delete that printer.

Then connect it and see if it will reinstall.

On his - when it is connected - do you see any error messages on the printer / lights? - http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documentSubCategory?tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=4027465

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

On your PC - go back to "Devices and Printers" and delete that printer.

Then connect it and see if it will reinstall.

On his - when it is connected - do you see any error messages on the printer / lights? - http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documentSubCategory?

tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=4027465

On his, it is just quiet. no message what so ever. i have tried re-installing too, but to no avail.

It is not important where we serve nor in what capacity but, rather, whom we serve. MARKUS HARTLIEF

I had the same thing Happen with my Deskjet.

Have you put in the ink catridges properly.

For me this is what halted the PC from reccognizing the printer.

Ok, let me try that.. i will get back.

• 2 months later...

YIKES!  I used to have a HP laserjet printer.  I paid a hefty sum for it (Wal Mart did not have one at the time).  It worked pretty good for about 1 year, then because it came with a disk to download on my p.c., it would send messages when ever I had to print something.  When the ink was low, it would send a message and tell me "Your Ink is Low, Please Replace with authentic HP ink."  Well, am not a rich person, so I took the Ink that was low to WalGreen's, and they filled the ink for me (black).  Took it home and put it back into the ink holder.  It did its little check dance, and then I tried to print, and a message appeared and it said..."this is not a HP ink cartridge, you can not print."  I was surprised and it got me upset.  To purchase another ink (black) cost me at that time (2009) $35.00 for a the black, the color, (which I set up the printer just to print in black) could put me into the poor house.   You might think this is stupid, but I prayed to Jehovah to help me stay CALM, which he did assist.  I went on line and looked for a CANNON Laserjet printer!  YES, since I did not experience ordering things from on line, I had a brother who is a whiz at computers, programs, and other things, order it for me.  That cost me $50.00 back in 09, the ink was much cheaper ($8.00) black $10.00 (color).  It lasted till November of 2012.  The ink well wasn't working anymore.  I got back on line, and found one on Amazon, it was the very same one that I had from 09.  So I ordered it (this time, I knew how to order from on line), it came the next day.   I asked the brothre if he could set it up and he said that since it was exactly like the one I had before a CANNON IP3600 model, that I didn't need to do anything but plug it in.  So I did, and it works beautifully!  NO messages, no harrassement from HP.  I don't like it when manufacturers tell you what to do with the things you purchase.    So far, I have only replaced 1 of the inkwells (a smaller black) and everything is fine.  So when I read the above stories of you dear friends and I saw the HP, it gave me chills down my spine!   So glad that I got my Cannon IP3600.  Now that it's 2013, the ink still isn't bad compared to HP other lasejet printers, or Lexmark or whatever else is out there, my little black ink (at Wal Mart) costs me $12.00 plus tax) still not that bad of a price. 

CANNON'S are my bag!   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I have an HP Laser Printer that I have used for about 8 years. I found a program to install that helped me bypass the HP messages that tell you when the ink is low, because I always found that there was plenty of ink left. HP allows the printer just so many pages to print and then you get the message to replace the toner. I have been using the same cartridges for about 2 maybe 3 years. You can also get refilled cartridges from ebay for less than half the cost of new. You can also buy one of every color and it is cheaper still. 

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.