JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Hello,

I have just searched the forums to see if this has been discussed before and I cannot see that it has.

My wife and I and our 2 girls would like to go on holiday(vacation) at the end of the year and are looking into low cost options.  There are various house swap sites on the internet but I do not like the idea of letting just anyone stay here!!  We have a 2 bedroom flat in St Leonards on Sea in East Sussex, it is within walking distance of the pebbly beach and there is a thriving congregation with a very diverse ministry field.

We would be looking for somewhere that is good for young children (6 months and 3) with lots to do (swimming, beach etc), and ideally somewhere served by Easyjet!!!  We are thinking of the end of October or early December for a week.  

Is there anyone out there who has thought the same?  Maybe this thread could provide other brothers and sisters with a vacation this year!

Thanks 

Adrian

I wish i was single. I would totally go for that. Im in california and there is everything here. Mountains,desert,ocean and whatever the last one is. Where is st leonards on the sea? Ive never heard of it. It sounds like a beautiful place. It sounds like england somewhere. Well ill leave it there for now as i cant seem to get past 5 min without getting bumped off

Angela

I just got to thinging we may be doing this in paradise!  I am afraid I have nothing to contribute for where we live.  The middle of redneck USA--we are close to a beautiful creek--3300 yards or so.  A lake so muddy you can cut it with a knife.  Lots of neat wildlife.  Lots of homeless, mistreated animals.  Some fairly decent shopping but so many people without jobs no money to buy anything,  You get my drift.  I look forward to swapping houses for a vacation in paradise--we will all have comfortable homes but just need to change the scenery!

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

If you want to house swap or let your house be used by someone while you are on holiday elsewhere, best to ask folks you know or if a family wants to use it, be sure you have vetted them with the body of elders where they are from. We had a family recommended to an older brother and sister here who were going on a cruise. They went away and a family turned up from Southern England at their home for a week. They were 3 very scruffy teenage boys -(in dirty sweaters and long lank hair at the meetings) and a single Mother and 2 large mucky dogs.

Nice to help out less well off folks, but they  basically trashed the house before they left.The old couple had to re-decorate, have all their carpets and upholstery cleaned and replace broken crockery and burned out pans! The dogs had also done some good digging/toileting in the garden, so the brothers had a team go to sort it.