JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Android Reader With A "swap" Or "side-By-Side" Feature

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4013 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Has anybody come across a reader with a swap or side-by-side feature? It would be really nice at meetings or while studying to have two books open at the same time where you could just swap between them or look at them side-by-side. I like and use the Mantano reader but it's a pain to back clear out of a book, open another one, finish it and then back out again and go back to the first one. I guess I could put all my publications on two readers and then swap between the two......

Baseball is in the Bible... Gen 1:1 "In the big inning".

Witch is your device? The galaxy S3 (note 2, s4 and such) allows to have multiple windows so you could have two books open at a time (you would need to open each with a different app though, for instance one with moon reader and the other with mantano)

I think it depends on your device and the version of Android that it uses. On my Galaxy note 10.1 tablet, I can have more then one app open at the same time. They open in a re-sizable "window" like they would on a Windows-based computer.

Mine does that too.On mine, there are 2 little boxes on the bottom of the screen, next to the House, If you click on that, all the programs you have been using since you turned it on are there. I have a program called "One Click Ram" . That cleans all the recent programs out and starts you off with a clean menu. Then I open my bible, my songbook, and my reading program, one at a time. Don't close out of them but click on the HOME icon after you open each one. Then they are all still open and you can click on the 2 boxes and open which ever one you want. They will go back to where you left off. Hope this makes sense. It does to me, but then......... :unsure:  

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Mine does that too.On mine, there are 2 little boxes on the bottom of the screen, next to the House, If you click on that, all the programs you have been using since you turned it on are there. I have a program called "One Click Ram" . That cleans all the recent programs out and starts you off with a clean menu. Then I open my bible, my songbook, and my reading program, one at a time. Don't close out of them but click on the HOME icon after you open each one. Then they are all still open and you can click on the 2 boxes and open which ever one you want. They will go back to where you left off. Hope this makes sense. It does to me, but then......... :unsure:  

I think most Android devices use this method. But you can't have more then one app open on your screen at the same time. The Galaxy Notes will let you do this. I adjust the size of say "Mantano reader" and "ezPDF" so that they are both open side by side at the same time.

Also the s3

The problem with the method of switching app's with the task manager is that sometimes it don't get back to the place it was, just starts the app again

But the multi window manager of the s3 (and note) is just great... but I had to install a mod to allow every app because the stock version only allows this for some

Wish mine did that Musky.

I find that I don't use it all that much. Two smaller windows are harder to see then one large one. I use the WSM files so the scriptures and reference materials and even the songs are all linked within the file itself so there really isn't much need to have more then one app open at a time anyway. 

Edited by Musky

I use that too, and I am so thankful to the brothers who put their time into them so others can have them. They are awesome.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.