JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

New Jw.org Article - Why Do I Cut Myself?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3958 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

had not seen this on the site yet, thank you... last Friday a Bible study did this, how timely is the article

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16

My therapist told me her patients who self-injure are mostly 30's and 40's and older age groups.As this Awake shows...

Awake 10/06 page 38,29

"Self-harm has been part of my life since my teen years. I am now 56 years old. I stopped my habit of self-injury four years ago, but sometimes my problems are so great that I long to do it again. This article has reached the very core of my heart. It will enable people like me to make our lives livable again."

Name withheld, Netherlands

I just wanted to share this because the articles always mention young ones and when I told the elders at my last congregation about my problems with it they made fun of me,they did not offer any support or help or comfort at all.I found help at www.rainn.org they talked with me for hours and also from friends on here and my therapist.It's been almost 8 months since I burned myself,the longest I have gone without doing it is 9 months,I started when I was 11 years old.I think if I can make it past 9 months I may be able to not do it again.That's my goal.

I have not told my current elders about it.I am afraid of their reaction and I can't handle being made fun of over this and my other problems.

Thanks to Jehovah. I know someone that have this problem. This article will help to comprehend such compulsively harming conduct.

“Y procedió a clamar como un león: ‘Sobre la atalaya, oh Jehová, estoy de pie constantemente de día, y en mi puesto de guardia estoy apostado todas las noches’.” (ISAÍAS 21:8.)

Nancy, maybe with this being a feature article on the jw.org the elders in your hall will be ready to listen.

Hey, you are doing GREAT  :ecstatic: - even if you chose not to talk to them. Your therapy & prayer is really the key anyway.

:grouphug: & :kisscheek:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Nancy, maybe with this being a feature article on the jw.org the elders in your hall will be ready to listen.

Hey, you are doing GREAT  :ecstatic: - even if you chose not to talk to them. Your therapy & prayer is really the key anyway.

:grouphug: & :kisscheek:

Ditto what Jerry said! Your progress has been nothing short of amazing! And you are always one of the first to offer support and love to other members Keep up the effort  because it's obvious Jehovah is helping you!  :)