JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Jw.org - Remembering The “Around The World” Assembly

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3684 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

I could wish more was said about these historic conventions. I have the good fortune of having in my

theocratic library the booklet or convention brochure detailing all of the convention sites and what took

place as it circled the world. It started here in the U.S. in Milwalkee, then moved to Yankee Stadium in

New York. It shows so many of the delegates visiting the Society's headquarters as they were then.

Then it was off to England. One of the fascinating tours the group went on in England was through

the British museum. They were able to compare what they saw there with much of the information in the

newly released " All Scripture is Inspired  and Beneficial Book." From there the convention moved to Stock-

home, Sweden, then to Munich Germany. There many of the brothers got to tour some of the former con-

centration camps and reflex on what the brother went through in Nazi, Germany. Then the convention

traveled to Milan, Italy, and through tours, the brothers got a lot at much of the evidence that had been

presented in the "Babylon the Great has Fallen" book to help identify modern Babylon. The convention

in Athens had been canceled due to pressure from the Greek Orthodox church. But the brothers were

still able to tour some of the significant places in Greece, such as Mars Hill, where Paul preached. - Acts

17. One of the most fascinating parts of their travels was when they went to the conventions held in both

Lebanon and Israel. The tours they took showed such amazing background with regard to the Bible

lands. From there the conventions went on to the Orient and showed much of what our brothers have to

face there, especially with regard to the religious environment there, which is a combination of Buddhist,

Hindu, Shinto, and Taoist, as well as nonminal Christians. The "Around the World" conventions ended in

Hawaii, and then in Pasasdena, California. We used to have a brother in our congregation that attended

the one in Pasadena. If there are any on this forum that had the privilege to attend any of these conven-

tions I would love to talk with you. As can be seen from this short description I have given of them they

were an amazing series of conventions.

GStorrs46

trottigy,

Amen ! One of the most amazing series of conventions that I know of that the Society has sponsored. I would

have loved to have been in the truth back then and been able to have gone on such a trip. It would have been the

trip of a lifetime.

GStorrs46