JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Weird Food Cravings

Do you have weird food cravings?

Either a weird combination, or food that's not common in your area, or certain foods at weird times (midnight snack)...?

I have frequent cravings for crispy bacon with chocolate coating. I have never even had it. I know that has actually been 'in' in some areas for the last few years, but I have been fantasizing about that for way longer than just a few years and before I actually headd of it. Weird, huh?

The other thing is Spaghetti Carbonara for Breakfast. I could have that every single morning. Others think I'm weird for that.

I love Chilli Chocolate.

The Hershey choc& peanut buttercups.

Bacon & Choc. A sweet & saulty combo.

Sounds pretty good.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

I crave crawfish. All the time but they are not in season all year around so once they are in season, it's game on! People always ask of I suck the heads, I do but it's not what you think, it's not eating brains or anything.

I also love cold pizza or fried chicken for breakfast, I guess that isn't very weird.

Once when I was pregnant I craved liver and onions from Luby's.  I had never had it before and never even considered eating it.  But the craving was huge.  I went to Luby's and ordered it---loved it!  Enjoyed every bite.  Even had it with spinach.  The next morning every bit of it came up--spinach all over the side walk-when I was walking out to the car to leave for work.  I never was able to eat it again.  Just one time --can't figure out why it was so good but no desire to do it again.

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

• 1 month later...

I crave radishes.... it started about a year ago.  I cannot eat enough of them!  I buy them from the store, mouth watering, get in the car and tear open a package!  Weird, definitely!  I eat them by the bag full!  I think it is a serious lack of minerals or vitamins in my body....

The other day i was craving a chocolate bar donut sliced in half with a slice of turkey in the middle. Have i ever craved that before? Nope. Did i act on it? Yep. Was it good? Yep yep

I crave radishes.... it started about a year ago.  I cannot eat enough of them!  I buy them from the store, mouth watering, get in the car and tear open a package!  Weird, definitely!  I eat them by the bag full!  I think it is a serious lack of minerals or vitamins in my body....

Alright ladies, when shall I arrange the baby showers?

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Izzy

How do I end up with these wacko friends?   :blink:

Just VERY fortunate!   :lol:

If you are pregnant there is often pica. which is weird food/dirt/earth/sand craving.

Liver or liverwurst and or chewing ice - needs IRON.
Clay or earth  (dirt) - need minerals & basic nutrients from the earth.
I craved TURKEY - all the time. And ate liverwurst (Blech... now!).

Food combos are much different. It is what you think of in your mind. Sometimes you can already taste it before you eat it.

Here is my ooohhhhhs for combo foods. Chocolate with Dr. Pepper. It can be a candy bar with the drink or the soda with chocolate ice cream float. The combo is perfect!

Wendy's french fires dipped in the Frosty. YUM!

Pretzels in chocolate sauce/fudge.

Red velvet cake in coffee ice cream! OH MY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mix that up and give it to me. NOW!   :infatuated:

When I was pregnant, I craved paper. If I was reading a book, newspaper, Watchtower, whatever, the edges were all chewed off. Crazy huh?

Edited by GrumpysWife

spelling

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Happened with all 4 of my pregnancies. I have no idea why it happened, but I have pernicious anemia even now, but I no longer chew on books and paper, now I am always chewing on my socks. Foot in mouth disease I think.

Thank you Leslie.

Edited by GrumpysWife

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

• 2 weeks later...

I crave peanut butter and peppermint in one delicious tasty chocolate bar Family size of course. Oh and the usual weekend crinkly fries with black pepper and LOTS of ketchup eaten with a toothpick.

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be pleasing to you, O Jehovah, my Rock and my Redeemer."