JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Home Invasion caught on camera

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3943 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

This is why I keep my doors locked and venetian blinds closed even during the day. Can't trust anybody these days, especially when you live alone you need to be careful. I have had people try to enter my home three or more times in the past 3 years when I was home. One incident at a house I used to live they busted the outer back door of my house but the inner door had a grab door lock and kept the door in place so it couldn't open or close and that's what saved from my home from being robbed or broken into, came home that night to find two busted doors but they weren't able to get in. I was very fortunate.

Sadly, this system will only get worst and worst as time goes on. But one day soon, we will not fear and have no need of door locks or police as Jehovah's Kingdom is near.

The story below is on CBS news website and shows a graphic scene of the home invasion that took place. Viewer discretion is advised.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57591296-504083/n.j-home-invasion-update-reward-up-to-$20000-for-info-on-home-beating-caught-on-nanny-cam/

I saw that on the news the other day.  Unbelievable!      The Steel door business is blooming.  A sister in my congregation just had a $4,000.00 door with side panels put in.  She said that the only thing that can break it, is a tank.   So I asked her, how about your windows?   She had no answer for that.  If they want something bad enough, they will get in, steal and kill whether or not your in their way or not.   These individuals remind me so much of Noah's time, the half breeds of the demons.    Rookie, thank you for your experience, glad to have read that your doors held up!  

Yup, there is a saying the Locks are on door only to keep honest people honest,  but those that are there to steal won't be stopped.  I think that if cars and homes were left unlocked many more people would steal. Individuals with strong morals and work ethic would remain honest and real honest people keeps themselves honest.

Want to hear something ridiculous? When we leave, we do not lock the door at all. We figure that they can have what they want. They will get in anyway, an the door is expensive, for us, anyway. Why should we face a loss of material things, AND have to replace the door. Or window.

We did just buy a camera system. Got to get it installed

We do lock up at night. Been home invasions. Everyone but us, on this hill grows pot.

The old way was to leave homes open for those hungry. Days gone by...

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

True, if they really want it they will come and get it and find another avenue to get in.   But the ones who want things now, will even kill you for them.  By the way, I heard the law enforcement caught the man who assaulted this mother infront of her child.  He's been charged and they said his face was so clear, that someone recognized him. He's now behind bars.