JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Funeral Insurance Phone calls

I am not sure where to place this topic. most days I get these phone calls.

In regards to Funeral & Life plans.

Most tv ads are to do with this subject. I find them a little on the irritating side,

So I thought next time someone called I would try to do some preaching.

Personally I don't have this insurance, Just my personal No. 
but Health cover like NIB extras for the basics yes.

So this Chic calls, They are always talking about planing ahead for the future,

So I am a little rusty.Of the cuff.

She says No obligations. bla bla bla. So Say thanks so much. I normally say no to the funerals

because. have you ever wondered if its possible That there was meant to be no death.

She says a bit more Its good to plan ahead.

I agree.

I say well have you ever looked into what the bible says about how life was meant to be.

You know because of war  & religion we have this and that.

wouldn't you like to know what life was meant to be like.

I got stumped at that. So for the next time I was wondering To be prepared for the next time.

how you might approach this friends.

Truly thanks for any tips...

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

hi Gabe  :)

have sent a few New World tracts, 1 book, and a few mags (w11 1/1 Garden of Eden is super for this topic, 4 articles on our original Paradise home) based on this discussion:  after raising the thought: "No one wants to think about death, yet with death being a certainly for all of us, why is it we continue to fight it, determined to extend our life, even if for only a short time? why do we keep seeking cures for cancer and alzheimers and diseases?" then read them eccl 3:11, "living on and on is in our heart, it's how we are made by our Creator. We can therefore be certain He will fulfill the desire he put within us." 

:)o hope it helps

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16

I heard an experience similar to this at a convention a few years back. The insurance salesman called at the sister's door, any way she replied by explaining that she had a superior life  insurance policy and asked if he'd like to know more about it. Can't remember much more of it though. 

I signed up for the register that is supposed to stop those kind of callers. It works most of the time. I was being pestered by phone companies a lot. I told one salesman that I would need to discuss any changes in companies with my husband to which he replied, "who's he...God?" I asked him if he was always rude to his prospective customers and he kind of apologised and tried to worm his way. I hope you don't get him calling you  :lol:

Thanks Wren. I love it. & Hello my Fellow NSW Sister :wave:

Yes thanks great Renee` :wave: Will use those

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

• 2 weeks later...

I got another call now...

Hello yes Maam..Is that Mrs Skinner,

Well they say they are not here to Sell anything..

But we are talking about Funerals and plans,  But can we get someone to call you back.?

I said well no. but why he says? So Because I will never buy a Funeral Plan, Have you ever wondered what the BIble says

about Death? No he says. Well do you read the Bible NO. He says. Well when you can Go to Revelations the last book of the bible

21..See what it says about how God's going to do away, with death and the problems of this life. Wouldn't you like to know a better hope for the future.

HMMM!! He says well.. he was stumped then hung up.. :D

If they gonna keep calling they gonna get a good thought. :)

Gabe I love it!! :D great experience!! :thumbsup:

... they either listen or can place US on their 'do not call' list  :upsidedown:

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

• 2 weeks later...

This might work for you Gabe

You got to try this! 

Keep a script next to your telephone for when telemarketers call. When a telemarketer calls, wait until they get to the point where they ask you a question … they always ask a question! Then say: 

"I'm sorry, but this is a dedicated line. 

It's used for family, friends and those calling in for a free home Bible study. 

I know you're not a family member, and you're not a friend yet, so perhaps you'd be interested in a free home Bible study. 

You can have questions answered like (say slowly) 

- "Where Are the Dead", 

- "Are We Living in the Last Days", and 

- "Why Does God Allow Suffering?" (All chapters in “Bible Teach”) 

“We can either correspond by mail, or arrange for someone to stop by your home. 

Which would be better for you”? If they decline you can say: 

"I'd be glad to send you some information by mail and you can decide after 

reading it. It's offered totally at no charge. All I need is your name, address and phone number." 

Try to get their phone number so that you can try to verify everything, lest they give you a 

phoney address. 

If you do get some genuine interest (many of these people are very bored and happy 

to have a chat esp if we are very friendly and positive), use a 6" x 9" manila envelope and 

send them a “Bible Teach” book and the tract “Would You Like to Know the Truth”, along with 

a letter saying something like this: 

My name 

Address 

My phone number 

Dear Mr. XXXX 

Recently you called me through your telemarketing activities to solicit some 

business from me. 

During our discussion I mentioned that the number you used to call me was a private number 

that I give to my family and friends and those who wish to have a free home Bible study. 

First, may I commend you on your friendliness and willingness to listen to what I had 

to say. 

Jesus said: "Happy are those conscious of their spiritual need, since the kingdom 

of the heavens belongs to them." (Matthew 5:3) 

As I promised, I enclose a copy of the Bible study aid: "What 

Does the Bible Really Teach." 

Since its release in 2005 it has attained a circulation of over 85,000,000 

copies in over 220 languages. 

Currently more than 7,000,000 families around the world are 

enjoying a free, weekly Bible study in their own homes, using this 

book as a guide to understanding the Word of God, the Holy Bible. 

As world events develop, some wonder: "Are these the last days?" 

While Jesus said: "Concerning that day or the hour nobody knows," 

still he gave his followers a sign that would indicate when humankind 

would be living in the last days. 

Chapter 9, "Are We Living in Last Days?," discusses the sign that Jesus provided 

as well as dozens of other scriptures that prove we are living in the last days, and what 

we personally can do to respond to the evidence. 

I'll contact you again shortly to be sure that you received this 

letter and the "Bible Teach" book. However, if you have any questions 

or would like for me to arrange for someone to stop by your home at a 

time convenient to you please feel free to write back to me or call me 

at the above phone number. Again, there is no charge whatsoever. 

Yours truly” 

Give it a try! 

It certainly makes dealing with telemarketers more enjoyable and who knows 

what good results may ensue with patience and persistence. 

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

This might work for you Gabe

You got to try this! 

Keep a script next to your telephone for when telemarketers call. When a telemarketer calls, wait until they get to the point where they ask you a question … they always ask a question! Then say: 

"I'm sorry, but this is a dedicated line. 

It's used for family, friends and those calling in for a free home Bible study. 

I know you're not a family member, and you're not a friend yet, so perhaps you'd be interested in a free home Bible study. 

You can have questions answered like (say slowly) 

- "Where Are the Dead", 

- "Are We Living in the Last Days", and 

- "Why Does God Allow Suffering?" (All chapters in “Bible Teach”) 

“We can either correspond by mail, or arrange for someone to stop by your home. 

Which would be better for you”? If they decline you can say: 

"I'd be glad to send you some information by mail and you can decide after 

reading it. It's offered totally at no charge. All I need is your name, address and phone number." 

Try to get their phone number so that you can try to verify everything, lest they give you a 

phoney address. 

If you do get some genuine interest (many of these people are very bored and happy 

to have a chat esp if we are very friendly and positive), use a 6" x 9" manila envelope and 

send them a “Bible Teach” book and the tract “Would You Like to Know the Truth”, along with 

a letter saying something like this: 

My name 

Address 

My phone number 

Dear Mr. XXXX 

Recently you called me through your telemarketing activities to solicit some 

business from me. 

During our discussion I mentioned that the number you used to call me was a private number 

that I give to my family and friends and those who wish to have a free home Bible study. 

First, may I commend you on your friendliness and willingness to listen to what I had 

to say. 

Jesus said: "Happy are those conscious of their spiritual need, since the kingdom 

of the heavens belongs to them." (Matthew 5:3) 

As I promised, I enclose a copy of the Bible study aid: "What 

Does the Bible Really Teach." 

Since its release in 2005 it has attained a circulation of over 85,000,000 

copies in over 220 languages. 

Currently more than 7,000,000 families around the world are 

enjoying a free, weekly Bible study in their own homes, using this 

book as a guide to understanding the Word of God, the Holy Bible. 

As world events develop, some wonder: "Are these the last days?" 

While Jesus said: "Concerning that day or the hour nobody knows," 

still he gave his followers a sign that would indicate when humankind 

would be living in the last days. 

Chapter 9, "Are We Living in Last Days?," discusses the sign that Jesus provided 

as well as dozens of other scriptures that prove we are living in the last days, and what 

we personally can do to respond to the evidence. 

I'll contact you again shortly to be sure that you received this 

letter and the "Bible Teach" book. However, if you have any questions 

or would like for me to arrange for someone to stop by your home at a 

time convenient to you please feel free to write back to me or call me 

at the above phone number. Again, there is no charge whatsoever. 

Yours truly” 

Give it a try! 

It certainly makes dealing with telemarketers more enjoyable and who knows 

what good results may ensue with patience and persistence. 

Great script, Vernalee!  I'm gonna keep that one!  :)

Live long and prosper. 🖖🏻

Vernalee this is really good!! :thumbsup: where do you get all these goodies you post?! 

thanks alot!:D

First I will tell you that I think them all up on the spur of the moment, so you'll think I am real smart, then I will have to say I have all kinds of files on my computer that I completely forgot I had, and have been looking through them for encouraging things to post. About 10 years worth of material.

Lots of different friends have sent me things and I just saved them.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

• 2 weeks later...

one time I had to do the telephone tag w/ the phone company. it was a bit frustrting, so I mentioned the New world. the nice young man, was a Witness, according to him. also was jeopardizing his job, but the conversation really flowed.