JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

All things RBC

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3371 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Just heard from my Design department leader that there exists a great need for anyone with Revit CAD experience. If that is you please get in touch with your RBC design team and fill our your resume or your profile on your local Builders Assist web site. I have some experience with this software but because of the lack of use I'm a little rusty. I'll have to dig back into the program and refresh my memory. There are free tutorials online for any who want to learn more about this software from Autodesk the makers of AutoCAD.

So far I haven't heard any news about anyone's RBC heading back as of yet but we have our next Design meeting this coming weekend. I really don't expect to hear anything at this point since it's so far in the future and they are still having everyone update their profile online. What RBC are you with? I know of several brothers from our RBC that are back right now working and with the need for Revit CAD experience I'm hoping I might be able to spend a week or two there myself soon but I'm not holding my breath. I'm sure there are a number of capable brothers or sisters already heading that way.

Is it common for everyone to have a Builders Assist web site or is that just a CA thing? So far I've forgotten to ask that question. Am I the only one on a Design team? Another question I've wanted to ask.

Our congregation has two brothers working at Warwick and due back sometime his weekend. In my brothers Hall we have a brother at Wallkill for temp work - he is also due back soon.

Yes, we use Builders Assist - it is a US Branch thing, not local to a particular location. In fact, one brother I know who works on the jw.org site, when I asked him if he had anything to do with  BA, told me, "No, they are on a different floor". BA is definitely from HQ - not something any local brothers came up with.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Thanks I wasn't sure. I haven't many opportunities to address our organizational structure, been to busy with our assignments.

I had a feeling if I asked someone would know. Thanks again. I didn't think it was new as a web page, it's very well written. Lots of practice.

Have you heard of a program from the Branch that tracks disaster relief. I helped on data entry when I was in Texas and when I came back home no one had heard of the software program. At the moment I can't remember the name of it so that's why I'm a little vague.

I have not heard about that. However, I do know that volunteers who offer to assist with DP are administrated through BA - there is a whole sub-category for the DP assignments along with the RBC assignments.

Many of them use different overseers from RBC and a number of us are in a completely different department for DP then we are for RBC.

One of our elders and his  wife left this week for an extended work stay in NY. I'm really happy for them, but will miss him at the KH. Nearly all of our elders are kinda "old". He is refreshing.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

This Sunday we will start a remodel in an older downtown area, I will try to post pics before and after.

Let my words, like vegetables, be tender and sweet, for tomorrow these words, I may have to eat~

:uhhuh: 

This Sunday we will start a remodel in an older downtown area, I will try to post pics before and after.

Downtown where?

For those who are interested I completed my RBC Design weekend. About all we got accomplished as a group was to get everyone online with Watch Tower CAD. We had people coming out of the wood work to get their copy of this new toy, I mean tool.   :ecstatic:

It has just what the tutorial said, just about everything we could imagine to work with. I look forward to being able to use the full version of the software eventually. This version has some parts not available at this time. Don't know if it needs to be field tested with everyone from the different RBC's working within their scope of work or what but we have enough of the program functional to make a huge difference in our issues of not everyone using the same software.

We are completing our existing projects that are near completion and then going full tilt using WT CAD for everything from then on. I started a relatively new project at the last minute today so I'm the test dummy to get it in my head hopefully with out missing a step. WE'LL SEE    :whistling:

We consider our Watchtower just after lunch on Sunday and the lesson today just reinforced how these new technologies we are using now are being and can be used to speed up the work. The comment was made that not to long ago the internet and the world wide web would never be used to spread the Kingdom Message nor come to any benefit for our organization, WOW what a difference a few years have made. In just the past ten years the web has become the most read source of information and misinformation with everyone around the globe connected with many sources of plugging in available. Nothing happens around the globe without someone making it public. The Watchtower and Awake being the most read magazines in the world are there because our leader has used the valuable talents of the nations to make this food available at the proper time in vast quantities for anyone who wants to partake. Can't wait to see how the future unfolds. How exciting the times we live in are.

It is truly amazing how Jesus has directed the faithful slave to use every technology possible during their time period at their disposal to make this happen. Wither it was a phonograph on a door step, sound cars, people wearing placards in public places, to the use of radio stations or greatly enhanced printing presses as new technologies have become available the faithful slave has used these fully to advance Kingdom interests.  And it is no wonder the organization will explode yet with growth so great that the nations will have to take notice just like the Egyptians did when they decided to enslave the nation of Israel after seeing their numbers explode for fear the Israelites would take over the land and enslave the Egyptians.

The comment was made today also considering our 100 year anniversary from 1914 how the opportunities for advancement have been multiplied if we just put Jehovah's Kingdom first and make ourselves available to whatever he needs us to become. Can you imagine just sitting still with all the in gathering going on around you.

We were encouraged to log onto the jw.org web site each day to stay abreast of news and new things being introduced for our benefit. It seems the FS is using this medium more and more to get word out instantly and its conceivable this may be a valuable source of info as times get harder ahead of us. Everyone is invited to get your own personal account with jw.org to fully take advantage of all it offers. This is also the source of our getting the WT CAD we have now.

As more comes available I'll let you know. Can't wait to see the before and after pictures Trisha.

Edited by Mybrick

For those who are interested ...Everyone is invited to get your own personal account with jw.org to fully take advantage of all it offers.

Please, is there a source that we can refer our cautious over much servant bodies to this effect? Having mentioned it I am viewed with dubious suspicion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

I have set up an account with JW.ORG, but I don't see that I can get anything different than what is on the public site.

I also have a personal account for RBC, which anyone who is in RBC has, it's just the normal one.

Edited by I_want_to

Have you filled out your volunteer form and become part of your local RBC and have access to Builders Assist web site? If so you can be invited to use your personal account with jw.org to view other things pertaining to RBC work. Everything is by arrangement and you have to have a purpose to view the extra's now but who knows about the future. You'll notice when you log on into your personal account at the bottom right hand corner you are assigned a personal number. That number is the key to opening up other features with permission from your RBC overseer.

Edited by Mybrick

Sorry I don't know what to tell you. 

I do know the closer you get to the action the more responsibility you are invited to enjoy. I've been active with our design team for seven years now and things are changing very quickly now. I advise patience and making yourself available for whoever needs you. Prayer is also a very good avenue because our heavenly father opens many doors of opportunity.

A good example is a brother I know very well up north of my state who I've been telling about all my adventures to and he has wanted to be used for years in his local area. His holdup has been his elder body not thinking he was a very reliable volunteer as he suffers from PTSD from his time in the military during the Vietnam war. My advise to him was the same, prayer, letting everyone know his desire and that he is retired with skills as he is a very reliable truck driver of many years. He said he got into a conversation with his CO who was very sympathetic with his concerns and may have had a conversation with his elder body concerning the hold up. He just called me yesterday to let me know he received his invitation to go thru the safety training and get his identification badge. 

He said "Do you know what job they gave me? I'm the official guard who gets to decide who enters the project or not." I told him "When you see those brothers who wouldn't let you join just don't let them in today, they have to come back tomorrow as you aren't sure they're reliable enough." JUST KIDDING!!!!

Anyway I expressed my congrats for his patience and waiting on Jehovah for the privilege to serve with the admonition to be reliable and carry out his assignment just so and before you know it the flood gates will open up and you won't know how you can do it all.

Sorry it looks like I'm posting after you've answered but I haven't refreshed my page so I miss your comment until I post again. That make sense? I'm really not ignoring your question. Really!!   :deadhorse:

Timing is everything.

Edited by Mybrick

Even if you have been associated with the quick build method of Hall construction for a long time, under the current RBC arrangement unless you have viewed the Safety Video and had your profile updated to show that, you will not get an invitation to assist on a project.

If that is the case, just ask to see the video.

As changes are made to the Building Program it will become even more important to keep your profile updated with your skills AND your availability. There is a video on the Builder Assist home page that shows how to keep yourself updated.

There are also teaching sessions done through the RBC - again, if you need help with the Builder Assist program .... just ask your local RBC.

His experience reminds me of the phrase "I'm crazy but I know I'm crazy so that means I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy?"  :uhhuh:

If you ever read the novel Catch 22 you will find this out. The location of the novel is WWII near Italy if I remember right.

The war isn't emphasized as much as the goofy things the GI's did while there.

logged in and checked all the pages, they are all up to date, including interview and video done.

I did not see a personal number at the bottom right of any page but I do have a volunteer number.

On the RBC website there is not a number on the bottom right - but, if you have a personal account on jw.org there is a number on the bottom right.