JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

All things RBC

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3343 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Last night at dinner a brother said that they were doing away with the RBC arrangement and all building-related things were going to be done directly from the Bethel. Not sure if that is just Canada or worldwide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let my words, like vegetables, be tender and sweet, for tomorrow these words, I may have to eat~

:uhhuh: 

Oops meant to say; That is already happening. Arizona already got disbanded. Florida is going to start taking over. Full time RBC.

Let my words, like vegetables, be tender and sweet, for tomorrow these words, I may have to eat~

Last night at dinner a brother said that they were doing away with the RBC arrangement and all building-related things were going to be done directly from the Bethel. Not sure if that is just Canada or worldwide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have heard the same thing here in Texas.

Live long and prosper. 🖖🏻

This being the case, the RBC isn't disbanded in purpose, just renamed and all currently working in the RBC will come under the name and direction of the Local Design Construction (LDC) which is run by full time brothers and sisters appointed by the Branch. We still have a job to do!!! And until this new arrangement meets your area, we are to continue to do just as we have always done under the domain of the RBC.

Prayerfully by this new arrangement the work of designing and building Kingdom Halls and Assembly Halls will progress much quicker and we will be able to keep up with the demand. Remember this arrangement will continue right along into the New World under Jesus direction as it is now. We are continuing in our training to be part of his arrangement to meet the even greater needs in that New World.

At our convention this last weekend I was surprised to hear a brother I've know for years ask me if he should join the RBC. You know my immediate response,    YYYYYYeeeeesssssss!!!!!        :thumbsup:      

He is a contractor and for some reason it never occurred to him the need to join this vital building work.  I almost tripped myself on hearing this and had to bite my tongue not to say anything else but to be encouraging that he should by all means fill out his volunteer application and join us.

Quote From Brother Rick

"I see no reason why everyone is not signed up to be part of the RBC. It is not a place for only the young or young of heart. It is not a place for only those currently construction savvy. It is a place for all of Jehovah's people to step up and make yourself available and show our heavenly father where your complete heart is. There are many who are patient and willing to teach any thing you want to learn. FREE "

I appreciate yor comment, but I have to say that brings a little pain.

I have worked with RBC, really enjoyed it. I am glad that we now have uniform directions for all projects. I have been in charge of the site, I have worked as a framer, done acoustic ceilings, engineered and constructed trusses for a major remodel, served as Wednesday superintendent on a Assembly Hall remodel and almost forgot did the survey work on the KH. Nine years ago while working on the assembly Hall and managing the site for a new KH construction I had my first ambulance ride to the emergency. I did finish up the site work at the KH, finished up the plans for another KH, but had to throw in the towel. Your statement bothered me "it is a place for all?" Yes if their health allows.

Enjoy, but remember there are many that walked that walk but like Ecclesiates Says the "...the grasshopper drags itself along,"

We can't all do it.

Sometimes I say things with blinders on....forgive me if I offended anyone unable to participate in the way they would like...pray for me...

Sometimes I say things with blinders on....forgive me if I offended anyone unable to participate in the way they would like...pray for me...

Oops wrong place...

• 3 weeks later...

There is a big RBC meeting next month in Aurora Colorado.  Wish I could be there.  I spoke with someone recently in LDC in Strategic Design and Development (Think that's what they said or it might have been Strategic Development and Design) at Bethel and It sounds like there is going to b some major streamlining again.  Especially the suppliers is what I'm interested in, and the Design Boards that are currently online.  I'm a little bummed out because my assistance and I worked very hard and spent a lot of time creating the 6 design boards to mimic the ones online,  cutting painting staining so the elders can actually have on hand the actual wood paint fabric and carpet when they make their selection and now they are going to change/eliminate the design boards online.

Also found out that the RBC is always going to be the RBC and LDC is just what they are called in Bethel. 

I wish there was someway I could be in the Deco Dept. permanently, sounds they may just select a few professional bro/sister Interior designers to do the work and back to the kitchen I go...lol  I started out looking :eek: for and picking up nails and screws with a huge magnet...I guess it really doesn't matter what I do as long as I can help in furthering Kingdom interests. 

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry all for not checking up on the latest goings on in this web site, but like you all, I've been very busy. We will be holding our next RBC design meeting this next weekend. And as of a month ago we have the permit for our next project in hand but because of a postponement by the Branch we are still waiting on a start date.

The LDC has not commented on our local RBC yet and as of my last question to our department head, we don't know when we will be approached and included in with their processes and procedures. In the mean time we are continuing to push ahead with design and development of plans for halls in our area.

When I was talking with our leader he said because we are making progress is probably why we haven't heard from the LDC. The old saying, "If it ain't broken don't fix it" seems to apply in our case. He sited a comment we both received from one on our members who has been working on other projects at the Branch's request about some RBC's which haven't put out any projects for the past four years as being priorities compared to our industrious bunch.

I feel very privileged to be associated with this bunch of brothers and sisters who take this honor of design very seriously and faithfully attend each Design Weekend. Our numbers are slowly growing and those who join us seem to have already heard how much fun we have in our assignments. We have very few problems in our group and we all pull together to resolve any disgruntled comments right away which helps keep the harmony in our happy group. We really try not to think more of ourselves than necessary. Those who have had this issue have melted away quietly leaving the rest in blissful peace. And having a design leader who does lead positively doesn't hurt either. His door is always open to any who want to talk and he's not afraid to let any of those who do not want to be part of the process leave. I have the privileged of having his ear as we have a good respect of each other and I can positively say he does a fine job of making this process of design a wonderful experience for all involved.

We have some very learned individuals, engineers, contractors, building officials, designers, drafts persons, well respected in the professional fields in our group with many years of experience and inexperienced newbys along with members of the actual RBC committee in our monthly get together and all have a humble attitude to follow the assigned Design Department head as being the one to answer to and listen to for an organized path of travel. Again this works very well because no one takes themselves to seriously. We are constantly laughing at all our miss steps and mistakes and still the machine keeps moving on putting out design plans on a regular progressive basis. We all look forward to seeing each other each month.

If I hear anything more I'll be sure to let everyone know.

• 2 weeks later...

I been on the local RBC for some time.  Not so long ago the RBC had a meeting and had some Brothers from the Branch telling us about some changes. We were told about the arrangement the work as construction volunteer. Because I work as Draughtsman I completed the A-27 and last Friday I received a call from the Branch. I had been approved and will now work part-time with the local design deck. Just awaiting my assignment!

I can see where the current RBC arrangment needs to be changed. It can't keep up. Between the work being done in Walkill, Warwick, Tuxedo and all the halls and assembly halls needed globally, something has either got to change drastically (we seem to get farther behind in the buildings we need!) or it will be something that we can all converge on after Armageddon and accomplish! None of us will have health concerns then and all will have the time!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Of course the program changed just as I submitted my paperwork. Can't wait to hear the new details.

Come join our service group singers......♫ Grant us boldness we witness....help us overcome our fear. ♫

My husband and I are hoping to expand your ldc/rbc activity. My husband was overseer of the welding dept, he had to step down ,because we just had too much to do, we where getting the house fixed up to move to TN, I was able to talk him out of it.

I am not to sure if my husband is under too much stress in general, ever since he has turned 57 he thinks he is old and does not want a house(he wants to simplifie  ) I do not mind doing more for ldc (I have health problems too) or returning to  pioneering, I want to get back on the roles, what is  his plan?, is to get a giant RV, and pile up 3 cats and a dog, and travel to the rbc sites, I was hoping just to move into a mobile home ,but he says there would still be up keep, so I hope to maybe ask if we could do design(he knows cad/CaM so he does have the skill set)

Otherwise we will be living on the road and in trailer parks, so please everyone pray for us. sorry for rambling on

once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing strips with plaid is easy. Einstein

I like the idea of going to rbc sites to work, but there are many pitfalls on the way. The first consideration is the cost of fuel. RV's whether a motor home or pickup and trailer, don't get good mileage.  Those costs can get very large.

I have a motor home and I am usually doing maintenance often keeping it in good shape. This week is new tie rod ends on the steering. Those costs add up too. 

Think things through so yo are prepared to handle each problem as they come up.

On some rbc sites you may be able to stay on site for a week or two so check that out.

I hope things work out for you. Both of you pioneering is a very good option too.

Could someone tell me what the age requirements are for the RBC.

My son is 16, good standing, baptized and being on the RBC is something he would really like to do.  He also would love to travel and help out with projects around the world/country, my husband works for a major airline so my son has the ability to travel free for many years to come.

Today a brother from England was visiting our hall and he is on the RBC over there and was talking to my son about the Bethel project in England.  He informed my son it's a 5 yr project and they will need help with that and he gave my son his email and said he could stay with them in England if my son decided to go over there. Just not sure how that all works, travelling to RBC Projects.

Right now at 16 my son is not licensed in a trade and is still in school.  He is a hard worker and has done numerous minor home repair projects for friends at the hall, like putting up new fences, working on landscaping, helping with minor plumbing stuff, roofing, drywall, etc.  Being a general worker I assume is something he could start out with.

What age can he be to sign up for the RBC?  I have heard at 16 he can do some work like landscaping but he has to be 18 to do major work? Is this correct?  Would him being licensed in a trade help him more as far as working on RBC projects in other parts of the country/world or would just a few years as a general worker in the RBC allow him to possibly travel to other parts to work on RBC projects?

Thanks in advance to any who can help.

Ava,

You might want to check with the local brothers about the qualifications and things since RBC seems to be in the process of being phased out - at least it is, here in NJ.

As a general comment, my DH has a trade that he selected because it was beneficial on what we used to term Quick Builds (haha, showing our age huh?).  So I would highly suggest ANY younger ones to consider selecting a trade which will allow them the opportunity to work for or on any branch builds.  It has served us well since it allowed us to serve on several Branch projects over the years.

Come join our service group singers......♫ Grant us boldness we witness....help us overcome our fear. ♫

Is the RBC still in place or are the New LDC arrangements in effect?   ... if so could you explain the differences in detail, thanks.

The LDC is what the Brothers at the Branch are called Local Design Construction and RBC is the Regional Building Commitee which represents the different regions sectioned off by states to identify the contruction crews in one particular region. They are not merging or changing. From an architects mouth to my ears at Patterson.

I like the idea of going to rbc sites to work, but there are many pitfalls on the way. The first consideration is the cost of fuel. RV's whether a motor home or pickup and trailer, don't get good mileage.  Those costs can get very large.

I have a motor home and I am usually doing maintenance often keeping it in good shape. This week is new tie rod ends on the steering. Those costs add up too. 

Think things through so yo are prepared to handle each problem as they come up.

On some rbc sites you may be able to stay on site for a week or two so check that out.

I hope things work out for you. Both of you pioneering is a very good option too.

I have just retired and have submitted my application to regular pioneer. I truly wish to work with the brothers. I am looking to move into a mobile home and place it on family property that is paid for. At the same time I'm working towards a pull behind trailer for the ability to stay on site where possible.

I have a question now' though. These last posts make it sound as though pioneering and building for Jehovah through the branch are an either/or proposition. It hasn't been that way before. Have I missed something or are personal circumstances the reason for a choice of one or the other?

-Tony

Sorry all I've been so busy lately I haven't had time to keep up with all the comings and goings on lately and it seems I've lost my email notification that something has been posted.

As far as Ava's comment about the age requirements for her son is concerned, I can't be quoted but it has always been my understanding that no minor can do anything by themselves unless they are 16 years of age. That is a state requirement here in California which has been on the books for a very long time. You will have to check with your RBC to see if they have any other limits on unaccompanied and or unsupervised activities.

I do know that our RBC, and I'm assuming all RBC's, have different levels of work areas which are based on non-hazard to hazardous, and age does play a factor in these levels of responsibility. You should check about this also. For example working parking cars isn't as hazardous as working on a roof and so on.

As far as Tony's comment about pioneering as opposed RBC, there isn't any restriction to my knowledge. They are both equally important. We have to make disciples and we have to have a place to meet with them. We have many pioneers in our ranks and they are allowed to count their time on the design team as pioneer time. They aren't pioneer RBC but their time is counted as part of their pioneer service to Jehovah. So it must be a personal decision to pioneer or RBC but not both.

The LDC is what the Brothers at the Branch are called Local Design Construction and RBC is the Regional Building Commitee which represents the different regions sectioned off by states to identify the contruction crews in one particular region. They are not merging or changing. From an architects mouth to my ears at Patterson.

So are you saying that these two are running concurrent to each other, or is one over the other?   ...   I'm still not clear on this, forgive me for not understanding properly.

The LDC is the Branch's brains and organization to building while the RBC is the muscle. We,the RBC departments, are assisting the LDC in reaching the goals which the Branch has mandated here in the USA, 1200 new halls and 1900 remodels in the next five years. The emphasis seems to be on creating new halls before remodels.

This is going on now globally with LDC's in each country working with their own countries RBC's which are already in place. The biggest reason for this arrangement is there have been too many cooks in the kitchen and the need has surpassed the supply. So the Branch has taken over the oversight of decision making and things are now moving along per plan.