JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Catching up...

Feeling overwhelmed now.  My sister that was DF'ed called me Thursday night.  I let it go to voice mail.  She said she needed to talk to me about our sister.  I called her back immediately and was told that she had accompanied her to the doctor that day and was told her melanoma cancer had metastasized to her spleen and lymph system.  Four to eight months was the best they could offer with  no treatment of choice for this type of CA.  My son Jason, whom I had not seen for 6 years moved back 5 months ago.  I got attached to my beautiful red haired Chinese granddaughter and he let me know 1 week ago they were returning to China.  They left two days ago.  My other son and his family will be arriving from China in April.  I dread it.  He is an active alcoholic and I hate getting sucked into that situation because I am just so darn good at supporting bad behavior when I feel like I am Fixing or helping". Have attended two AlAnon meetings where I will not get sucked into that role again.  Hard to talk with friends about alcoholism because they have such a forgiving nature that they do not know how to detach and use tough live.  

My charge nuse nurse told me that I need to learn to set boundaries and how to say no.  She said she has observed my kind and generous attitude and asked me if it was hard to 'be all things to all people"?  Right after saying this we were in a room admitting a new heart patient when the roommate, behind the privacy curtain started moaning extremely loud, and almost screaming in agony 'Father God! Oh precious Jesus!  Help me! Help me please ". She repeated this three times and I pulled her curtain and said "Mrs. S--------, may I help you?"  She got such a nasty look on her face and barked at me "Is your name Jesus?!"  I said "well, no.  But I am here right now".   My charge nurse found it hard not to laugh out loud, and as we walked out of the room she put her arm around me and whispered 'See? Quit trying to be all things to all people!"  Point taken.  I need to buckle down on reading my AlAnon book before my son arrives.  So dreading his move back.. he is such a manipulator.  If this appears in the open   to public area---please move it to a private.   

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Oh Leslie, it is so hard to have that much on your plate, such serious stuff.  I do think your kind nature is by far the better way to be, even if we do get taken advantage of sometimes.   Keeping you in my prayers, and much sisterly love your way.  With Jehovah's help, everything is doable, even these hard trials with close family.

3 hours ago, Omo_Yeme said:

Leslie dear, not sure what to say but be rest assured of my Christian love.  Got you some flowers to help you through this day!

tn (4).jpg

Thank you for the flowers!  They smell delightful!  Good thing is---they will never die!  Love to you till we meet in the nit so distant future!

LeslieDean

3 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Oh Leslie, it is so hard to have that much on your plate, such serious stuff.  I do think your kind nature is by far the better way to be, even if we do get taken advantage of sometimes.   Keeping you in my prayers, and much sisterly love your way.  With Jehovah's help, everything is doable, even these hard trials with close family.

Yes Lucy! I agree!  I love your name because who can not hear anyone but  Ricky Ricardo saying it!  Luuucy!  Your name brings happiness to my heart!  But you are my sister!  And I love you!

LeslieDean