JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

can't get live feed from JW.org

Hi all

My wife often says aloud and spontaneously.. "wow.. this news about.."  It is from the JW.org site.. News feed.

I have tried to get this on my phone. I see a button on the News page but when i click on it all i get is a page of text  displayed on the phone screen (the script it should run I'm guessing).. it doesn't actually set up anything..

My wife has exactly the same Sony Android phone and Android OS - Nougat.

Any ideas please?.. 

10 minutes ago, vibiweb said:

You can use Feedly or Inoreader both for Android and iOS. You can copy and paste the feed address from JW feed pages in the "add feed" section of the app emoji6.png

Inviato dal mio BLA-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

Thanks for that Vinicio.. 

I'll look at that.. I don't know the address from the 'feed pages' though..

:)

When you click on the feed link a new web page opens so you can copy the address from the browser address bar. See the video attachedhttp://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5c51aa8f961ed/SVID_20190130_144421_1.mp4

https://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5c51aa8f961ed/SVID_20190130_144421_1.mp4

When you click on "subscribe" it used to take you to a menu that asked what magazine (for instance) that you wanted.  Then you took that URL and put it into your reader.  Now when you click on the button it just gives you script pages.  there is a URL at the top of the page but something has changed.  I have not used the feed in two years.

1 hour ago, jwhess said:

When you click on "subscribe" it used to take you to a menu that asked what magazine (for instance) that you wanted.  Then you took that URL and put it into your reader.  Now when you click on the button it just gives you script pages.  there is a URL at the top of the page but something has changed.  I have not used the feed in two years.

Thank you John..

I will take a look again at the script... and see if I can extract the URL.. 

Others have suggested an app to put the URL in or let it take the URL automatically, which is useful, but I'd rather not put yet another app on my phone....  It's not that critical for me.. just a little disappointing.