JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW.org videos to iPad? help....

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3762 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Is there any other way to download the videos from JW.org to iPad without having to use iTunes?

Let my words, like vegetables, be tender and sweet, for tomorrow these words, I may have to eat~

:uhhuh: 

As long as you have the latest version of iTunes on your computer (if you don't, it will make you get it) then it is fairly easy. You just have to move the videos into iTunes and then sync the tablet with the computer. The only thing I don't know is what video formats the iPad will play. It used to just play Apple (MP4) videos, but I think the newer ones play most common video formats. 

As long as you have the latest version of iTunes on your computer (if you don't, it will make you get it) then it is fairly easy. You just have to move the videos into iTunes and then sync the tablet with the computer. The only thing I don't know is what video formats the iPad will play. It used to just play Apple (MP4) videos, but I think the newer ones play most common video formats.

Okay so I have iTunes already on my iPad It came with it ....so I have to download iTunes onto my pc as well then sync them up?

Let my words, like vegetables, be tender and sweet, for tomorrow these words, I may have to eat~

Okay so I have iTunes already on my iPad It came with it ....so I have to download iTunes onto my pc as well then sync them up?

Yes, you have to have iTunes on your PC too. But maybe give what Jasmin posted a try. I am not an Apple person, so I haven't tried all the different apps. What she posted sounds easier to use then iTunes! 

I download them with a app called "Documents".

You browse from the app directly to the website and then download.

I have all the videos and children songs on my iPad now.

I watch them with that app. It's really easy.

It's called 'Documents' by Readdle.post-2920-0-31999600-1373389158_thumb.jp

It's called 'Documents' by Readdle.attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Thank you Jasmin...I downloaded the app...worked great..started downloading all the children's videos first....went back when I was done too check and only the first 4 downloaded ) ;

Thank you Jasmin...I downloaded the app...worked great..started downloading all the children's videos first....went back when I was done too check and only the first 4 downloaded ) ;

Oops! Noticed lost wi-if connection.....was wondering...I know it's to late but is 39 mb a lot? And should I trust a Russian named Igor? JFK on the last part.

"JFK"? I know "J/K" is "just kidding" but what does the "F" stand for? Or did you mean "JFK" as in the dead president?  :lol:

Oh, and nowadays 39MB is not much at all! Most devices come with at least 16GB of space, so you should be fine.

Edited by Musky

That happened to me too. I think if you download many at the same time the download fails on some of them.

I then just did one by one, and now have all of them on there.

"JFK"? I know "J/K" is "just kidding" but what does the "F" stand for? Or did you mean "JFK" as in the dead president?  :lol:

Oh, and nowadays 39MB is not much at all! Most devices come with at least 16GB of space, so you should be fine.

Omg!!! I didn't proof read!!! Lol

• 4 months later...

Can you please tell me step by step how can i download the magazines like the watchtower study & the awake, bible, the song book and the 2014 daily text book ... my ipad is brand new i downloaded the jw.org with a purple icon but i want go download the rest! Can u please help me my email is {{ email removed }}

The posting of personal contact information is against our Forum Policy. Plus, since this is a public forum, believe us when we say you do not want the spam and solicitations that will result. - Bob

Edited by Dismal_Bliss

Removed email address.

Anybody want to help this guest out? I cannot because I don't have any Apple products.

And for those wondering, the "guest comment experiment" is just temporary, and about to come to it's end.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Can you please tell me step by step how can i download the magazines like the watchtower study & the awake, bible, the song book and the 2014 daily text book ... my ipad is brand new i downloaded the jw.org with a purple icon but i want go download the rest! Can u please help me my email is {{ email removed }}

The posting of personal contact information is against our Forum Policy. Plus, since this is a public forum, believe us when we say you do not want the spam and solicitations that will result. - Bob

Hi, you should have iBooks on your iPad and it will do everything you want.  If you have JWLibrary app downloaded, then you already have the 2013 Bible (and 1984 NWT, Byington, ASV, King James, and Kingdom Interlinear).  We are all waiting for more to be included in that app when the brothers get round to it.

As for magazines, brochures, books:

Go to jw.org and choose the "Publications" tab at the top of the home page.  You can then choose the category you want, e.g. "Magazines"  The options give you the choice of dates, Public, Study, Simplified etc.  Choose which you want and under each cover you will see small icons. The left one will show Epub and PDF when you touch it.  Choose which format you wish to use.  For simplicity I would first choose epub if available (some books are pdf only as yet).  You will get a screen for download and it will give you the option "Open in iBooks". Tap this and iBooks will open with the magazine/book installed.  Return to the browser and press the 'back button' to return to the previous screen to make your next selection.

iBooks can be customized with 'collections' to help you organize what you have.

This should get you started on the iPad.  There are other options, and a search on this site will reveal other methods of using the literature on iPad.

Please post further questions here, if we can help some more.

Edited by bohemian