JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Homer Simpson is a Fine Example of Good Catholic, says Vatican!

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4958 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I remember one episode when Homer and Bart were thinking about changing their religion and to become catholics. Bart liked all the stuff with violence and fire, and Homer's favorites were Bingo and omelets for supper.

So it was only about 15 minutes that Homer was a catholic, not more.

Homer could't make the grade as a good Catholic.

Producer: Simpsons are 'Presby-lutheran'

Oct. 21, 2010, 1:52 PM EST

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- There's more on "The Simpsons" and their spiritual beliefs.

The Vatican newspaper, L'Osservatore Romano, said recently that Bart and Homer had converted to Catholicism, based on an episode from 2005.

Bing: The best 'Simpsons' quotes

However, the show's producer, Al Jean, says they've "always shown them as Protestants" going to what the writers call a "Presby-lutheran" church.

Jean says it's true that "Bart and Homer were very interested in Catholicism. They liked the spaghetti dinners, and they liked the confession, where you could just absolve yourself of all your sins."

But, Jean says, "Homer would have difficulty not eating meat on Friday, not even for an hour."

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=606822&gt1=28103

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Welcome Lynn -> Your first post!! :welcome:

However, the show's producer, Al Jean, says they've "always shown them as Protestants" going to what the writers call a "Presby-lutheran" church.

Jean says it's true that "Bart and Homer were very interested in Catholicism. They liked the spaghetti dinners, and they liked the confession, where you could just absolve yourself of all your sins."

It's even funnier that even the shows producer is so beside himself that he has to step up and clarify things.

Glad to see the Vatican so thorough in their research. They'll still count him as a Catholic anyway :-)

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Homer could't make the grade as a good Catholic.

Producer: Simpsons are 'Presby-lutheran'

Oct. 21, 2010, 1:52 PM EST

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- There's more on "The Simpsons" and their spiritual beliefs.

The Vatican newspaper, L'Osservatore Romano, said recently that Bart and Homer had converted to Catholicism, based on an episode from 2005.

Bing: The best 'Simpsons' quotes

But, Jean says, "Homer would have difficulty not eating meat on Friday, not even for an hour."

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=606822&gt1=28103

I was a catholic before converting to the truth, and I don't remember spaghetti dinners being a staple at our house because we were catholics? Is this an American thing?

But is this not true with most Catholics? 15 minutes Catholic and the rest of the week, or month or year doing pretty much what ever they want.

But is this not true with most Catholics? 15 minutes Catholic and the rest of the week, or month or year doing pretty much what ever they want.

:lol1:

You bad ;)

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

:lol1:

You bad ;)

My cynicism with Catholics comes from when I was a child growing up across the street from a large Catholic family. One day after playing in the street the Catholic friend (age 12) took me into their house to get a drink of water and to rest a bit. His mother come running out of her bedroom with just a slight night gown on, screeming at her child not to bring visitors in the house when Father **** was here. She no more got the words out of her mouth than here comes Father **** walking out of the bedroom with just shorts on. I smiled and decided it was time to exit. I surmised the Father must have had his needs and my friends mother found a way to take care of them. The children grew up thinking it was all their Christian duty. Hush, Hush

When I grew up it was common knowledge that the Catholic husband coming home from work did not go into his house if the priest's bicycle was outside!

Of course, it is when things come to light that action should be taken by the organization, and that is where the Catholic Church has mightily failed.

His mother come running out of her bedroom with just a slight night gown on, screeming at her child not to bring visitors in the house when Father **** was here.

:eek:

When I grew up it was common knowledge that the Catholic husband coming home from work did not go into his house if the priest's bicycle was outside!

:scared:

Wow! Just wow!

I am repulsed!