JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Traveling Pestilence

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3925 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

What fresh produce?Lettuce,cauliflower, broccoli, apples?I eat mostly raw fruits and veggies.

That's IT - I am swearing off of veggies!!!  :lol1:

Where is my chocolate!!!

Seriously, I hope they get this figured out. Debbie and I are huge salad eaters. I like to put all kinds of stuff in the salad (Debbie more than me). You should have seen us at the DC - that is all we bring (and a little chicken and BACON to go with it  :wink: ) How crazy would it be eat a salad and get sick - while the guy next to you is eating a burger (no lettuce) and doing just fine!

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Definitely gonna be washing my veggies from here out! I have to eat more veggies than meat due to protein issues, and since my immune system is pretty much gone, this is something I definitely do not want.

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

I make up my own parasite drops with black walnut extract, cloves and wormwood..use them in my coffee with stevia because wormwood is bitter..or put them in juice ..one can also purchase capsules..better than worry!post-2322-0-00956400-1374704912.gif

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

Like melons, watermelons, apples, pears, some veggies and fruit like a tomatoe, you can wash off using what you mention above, or like hard skin things like the watermelons, or melons, I wash with Dawn Dishwashing soap (just three drops), scrub with a washcloth, and then rinse well.  This way, when am ready to eat it, and cut it with a knife, the poisons and or toxins are not on my knife, as I slice into the inside.   

You can also use food grade peroxide to kill intestinal bacteria. And you can wash your veggies and fruits with a couple of drops of it in a dish pan of water. If you decide to try it be sure to follow the directions. 

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Update on that Food Borne Bacteria:

Stomach Bug Sickens People in 3 More States

A parasite has sickened another 16 people, bringing the stomach bug outbreak total to 285 patients in 11 states as of Wednesday night, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Cyclospora, the one-celled parasite that causes diarrhea, stomach cramps and other symptoms normally associated with a viral stomach bug, is common in tropical regions like Latin America, but isn’t typically seen in the United States, according to the CDC. Most of the people affected were in Iowa, Nebraska and Texas. New Jersey, Minnesota and Ohio are the latest states to report cyclospora cases.

“CDC really has their hands full with this one,” said Dr. Richard Besser, chief health medical correspondent for ABC News. “It’s hard to pick up so there’s probably a lot more of this disease out there.” Because the illness doesn’t spread from person to person, it’s possible it came from contaminated food or water, said Dr. Nicole Bouvier, an infectious diseases professor at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York City. It’s curable.

Cyclospora can seem like a stomach bug, but instead of going away within a few days, it hangs around. If you think you have it, Besser suggested alerting your doctor because he or she can do specific tests and prescribe an antibiotic that will rid your body of the microscopic pest.

Bouvier said, “Doctors can diagnose it by looking for either the parasite itself or eggs of the parasite in a stool sample. They have to do it with a microscope because it’s tiny. You can’t see it with your naked eye. It’s not like a worm.”

People with deficient immune systems should be extra careful, but it doesn’t transmit person-to-person because it doesn’t live on hands, Bouvier said. Therefore, if a whole family has cyclospora, it’s because they ate or drank the same thing, not because they infected each other.

“The CDC has to find a connection between these people and, so far, they haven’t figure out what links all these people together,” Besser said.

The CDC and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration are investigating.

Stomach Bug Sickens People in More States

I wish they'd identify the produce it's on...I'm in Ohio and I'm probably eating it,unless it's strawberries.I'm allergic... I hope it's not blueberries I just froze 34 quarts because they were on sale.I eat them everyday.And haven't gotten sick,so maybe not the blueberries.

I wish they'd identify the produce it's on...

From the reports it sounds like it might be something imported. Where are your blueberries from?

I think it's unbelievable that they can't narrow down the source!

With so many sick people they really can't find what they have/ate in common?