JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3103 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

To begin with, the app that they recommend, Smart Cam, we cannot find. Found "I watch", which is a pain in itself. We usually figure out how to do these things, and sally forth. Not this time. We will phone the Samsung people, as well as the app people when the both of us are home, which should be Friday. But I was looking for someone who had put them in. You can watch your home from your smart phone. Which is disconcerting. But that is the idea. If anyone has installed this system...yes, off I go to the Internet.

I'm not sure what you are looking for. Samsung "Smart cam" is an Android app that you use with a Samsung phone or tablet internal camera. It replaces the "Stock" camera app that comes with Android.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.samsungimaging.connectionmanager&hl=en

It sounds like you want to connect to web connected cameras in your home and view them with a smartphone or tablet? There are several apps that will do that. 

I have an old phone with a camera that I run an app on. And I use "tiny cam monitor" to see it.

I had to set up the old phone (lets call it a - cameraphone) so it would have a static IP address. Then I had to setup my router to forward the incoming traffic on a particular port to go to that IP address (known as port forwarding). Then with tiny cam on my current phone i had to give the IP address of my router with that port :8000 (most use 8080) TADA.

Edited by trottigy