JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Craigslist

Meet them in a public place NOT your home. Don't go by yourself. Make sure what you are buying is what you are expecting by examining it BEFORE you  pay them.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

hi Nancy :)

used CL before...  as John says meet at openly visible public place in daytime. used cash only, no check. asked them for their ph# in e-mail then called from phone that was not mine to arrange the meet & discuss the sale. then had friends follow in separate car to the meeting place.

:)o

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16

I've used CL selling and buying dozens of times. I've posted Ads for apartment rentals, dog houses, guitars, washer and dryers, cars, etc. As a seller I never leave my phone number on Ads. I always require email communication till I get a feel for the buyer I'm dealing with. We live in a remote part of Columbia and have had to give our address out but only to a select few whom I prescreened. I always try to have my husband available whenever possible. I know that every place is different and it is good advise to err on the side of caution and meet in a public place. However, the nearest public place to my home is 10 min. There are unscrupulous people so I would never sell jewelry or any high value items.  Yes, and only deal in CASH

Job ads are also a good and inexpensive way for employers to post for job openings. Make sure they have a physical address and are a legitimate business in your area.  

CL is a great site for getting great deals as a buyer. The hard part is getting to the item before everyone else. When tele communication is required I leave m husbands cell phone. I would steer away from technology and cars.  

In our area, Craig's list is plagued with stolen goods and bad money. So many scams it is really difficult to find the real deal. John's advice above is good to go by. "Meet them in a public place NOT your home. Don't go by yourself. Make sure what you are buying is what you are expecting by examining it BEFORE you  pay them."  I have sold a lot of things on Craig's list but have never bought anything using it.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

• 2 weeks later...