JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Sisters: Emergency Go-Bag - What's in Yours?

CHOCOLATES!!!  :D

:yes: never forget the chocolates   :eat:

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16

Getting my bag(s) ready, so what should I include, flat-irons, stilettos, ball gown, things like these? :lol:

RICIA..that could be useful as a disguise in certain situations..:coffee:post-2322-0-96969200-1376053937.gifpost-2322-0-39875800-1376053970.gif

just a thought..coffee maker could take up a lot of room though!

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

Getting my bag(s) ready, so what should I include, flat-irons, stilettos, ball gown, things like these? :lol:

I am embarrassed to admit that my first go-bag contained 2 boxes of hair color (in case TGT /Armageddon ) would dare last more than 8-12 weeks! and all my make up!  How shallow can a person be?  I guess I didn't have a full grip on what it was all about.  Now I have trouble keeping just the basics in there because I rotate the food stuffs so it won't go bad and then take awhile to replace them.  I have some money that I have always been able to leave alone and not remove for household expenses and that is just about the only constant thing that remains in the bag!

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

My sewing machine, in case my underwear gets a hole in it. Would never want to face the GT with holey underwear. :(

GrumpysWife  my sides are aching!!!!!!!!!!!.. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  ..but then,  wouldn't safety pins be more quicker?. I'll include some in my bag. Come and find me if you forget yours :lol::lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  

Lovely sense of humor today gals! Just what I needed after this past week, which will leak into next week.

I have been really lax in this endeavor, so nose to the grindstone, what would I absolutely hate forgetting?

A bra and a tin bowl? Well, she could use the bowl to wash out the bra?

The sewing machine may have to be of the treadle type?

I might study up on the art of wine-making. It couldn't hurt, could it?

Last year, my first here in the South, I harvested some figs, which were placed in a ziploc, in the fridge. Yes, they did ferment, but actually were better tasting than the fresh ones. Wonder how wine would taste made from figs?

There seems to be quite a few in the area. Even the break restaurant parking lot has a fig tree>

Leslie don't feel bad one sister said she has hair pieces in her emergency bag just in case! In my emergency cupboard I have water canned: tuna and chicken and beans veggies and fruit, protein drinks and bars and bagged snacks that won't expire until never.  In my  FEMA bag there is a first-aid kit Brooklyn Lantern flashlight batterries medicine soap (bar n liquid) sanitizer plastic and wool gloves socks blanket pajamas warm shirt and pants towel wash cloth and baby wipes shampoo/conditioner feminine items important documents in a sealed plastic bag several miniature sized bottles of liquor for medicinal purposes of course and thanks to Leslie Dean a miniature Bible and my readers.

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be pleasing to you, O Jehovah, my Rock and my Redeemer."

wine.... hmmm hadn't thought of that ;)

I have canned goods, bleach, one of those handy/dandy multi tools that has all kinds of devices on it.  I think they call it  scout knife. it has like 30 different tools.  I also have a flash light, batteries, first aid stuff, a couple of sheets (for cover, privacy, bandages, etc) a plastic tablecloth (good for lots of things) light-sticks, Clorox wipes (bagged these and can goods in zip lock freezer bags to prevent moisture, rust and evaporation)  I had a leaking problem with the bleach after about a year in the tub and it caused all my canned goods to rust and ruin.

Seriously, if the society thinks this is important we should too.  Stop putting it off. ;)