JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

My Dog is Weird!

Ok, so, if anyone read posts made on weird food cravings, mine is radishes!  The strangest thing is, my dog LOVES radishes!  If I eat one w/out him, he stares and whines and yelps til he gets one!  He also loves lettuce and most veggies!  I made BLT's after the meeting today, I am sitting on the couch on here and he is yelping in the kitchen!   I go see why, well, I left a few lettuce leaves on the counter, and he was going nuts til I gave them to him!  Weird!   What weird food items do your pets like?

My dog Ashes use to sit on the patio and pretend to be lazing in the sun enjoying the breeze ruffle her curls. Then she would take a quick look around to see if anyone was watching her and she would make a mad lunge at our cherry tomatoes in the patio container then quickly grab her one and chew it slowly... I miss that little bundle of joy!

Edited by LeslieDean

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

My doggie loves watermelon, cantaloupe, blueberries, strawberries, corn chips, oranges, tangerines, and yogurt (any flavor - he goes crazy if you don't let him lick the little container).  He used to love apples, broccoli, cheese on toast, green beans, and the white part of romaine lettuce before he went on his heart meds. :(

Edited by Julsey

Live long and prosper. 🖖🏻

My doggy loves veggies to,especially peas and raw carrots.I notice some dog foods have veggies in them.

the dog food recommended to us when he was a puppy was Beneful, which is a dog food with veggies in it.... figured he might like them, but he LOVES them!   crazy dog! 

when I was young I had a cat with 4 babies and a collie dog... well, mama cat had her kittens in dead of winter, in garage and proceeded to remove the runt and drop him in middle of yard, well, Rascal, the collie, he snuggled right up to the kitten (scruffy) and that cat was raised by him, we would sneak him in to mama when nursing the other kittens to eat, but she would always deposit him outside!  ffwd.... that cat and dog were attached and, that cat ate dog food (gains burgers and kibble n bits), preferred it even!  I know now that it really isn't good for cats.... oh well!  Anyways, Rascal preferred the cat food... meow mix!  lol! 

My little Jack Russell/ Beagle 'Heidi' will eat anything.

Sometimes I think she is part goat.

Especially fun are apples, carrots, and blueberries. Maybe it's that I toss

them up in the air then she catches them that makes it fun. :backflip:  :upsidedown:

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16

I had a little dog (long haired chihuahua) that was raised with 3 or 4 of his brothers and sisters and therefore had to be quick when it was time to eat. Whenever we would sit down to eat we always had to pray with one eye open because he would grab something off the plate and run and hide. He was so fast. He was such a sneaker. 

Preach The Word....Be At It Urgently. 2 Tim. 4:2

Food is food. What we call people food is animal food as well. Dog food and cat food is a recent invention, and some countries don't even have such a thing.

Truth is, the stuff that makes up your dog and cat food is the waste products of the meat and grain industries that the government deems unfit for human consumption.

While my dogs dish is always filled with such kibble, she regular gets her share at family meals.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Food is food. What we call people food is animal food as well. Dog food and cat food is a recent invention, and some countries don't even have such a thing.

Truth is, the stuff that makes up your dog and cat food is the waste products of the meat and grain industries that the government deems unfit for human consumption.

While my dogs dish is always filled with such kibble, she regular gets her share at family meals.

Dog food is cheaper than people food!  lol!  I don't want him to get fat... not because I think people food is bad for him.  If he always has dog food and eats that, than people food added in would be too much!  I don't think people food is bad for them, but, I already cook for 5, I refuse to cook for one more!  lol!   hmmmmmm, wonder if dog food could be passed off as people food..... I wouldn't have to cook at all lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  longtime no chat, how have you been Bob? 

Edited by Holly

Some dog foods like Michael's,which is rather expensive caused our wiener to break out in huge hives.His lips were puffy and face all swelled.Doc said give him Benadryl and it cleared up.We tried several dog foods,the only one he can tolerate is Kibble and Bits for little dogs.

He loves the cats Purina for indoor cats to,we have to feed her downstairs in the basement so he won't gobble it up.

Our first dog Peachy, a little Lahasa Opso, was the first of 3 dogs and is a veggie nut! When we adpoted Herkie he was so socially backward he had to learn to eat and Peachy taught him to eat veggies. Chester was another rescue, he ate anything just to get the attention from me, but again Peachy taught him to eat his veggies. So when they hear me chopping cauliflower, broccoli, cantelope, cabbage, sprouts, tomatoes and carrots they are at my feet and bumping my ankles and barking for some.

As for dog food I buy an organic protein balanced variety from the groomer, not as expensive as some other varieties, but I also make rice or barley and add veggies in it and suppliment their dog food. 

Something to be aware of is foods that can be toxic to pets. I didn't know this until a brother almost lost his beloved weenie dog to grapes. Here's a good site to see what not to feed them. A couple are dumb like raw meat because of Salmonilla (in your fridge?) or milk because of diarrhea- ya I guess if you give them a quart! But it's a good guideline.

http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=2+1659&aid=1030

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Dog food is cheaper than people food!  lol!  I don't want him to get fat... not because I think people food is bad for him.  If he always has dog food and eats that, than people food added in would be too much!  I don't think people food is bad for them, but, I already cook for 5, I refuse to cook for one more!  lol!   hmmmmmm, wonder if dog food could be passed off as people food..... I wouldn't have to cook at all lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  longtime no chat, how have you been Bob? 

Not too bad. I took a haitus here myself for about 6 months over winter and came back in the spring when we moved to a new server and started using this new software. Took another one recently as I went to Virginia Beach right after my District Convention, and then got buried in work.

I don't actually cook for the dog - unless we occasionally purchase some chicken gizzards or something. But she is treated to scraps and leftovers of the things we couldn't polish off at dinner time.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Not too bad. I took a haitus here myself for about 6 months over winter and came back in the spring when we moved to a new server and started using this new software. Took another one recently as I went to Virginia Beach right after my District Convention, and then got buried in work.

I don't actually cook for the dog - unless we occasionally purchase some chicken gizzards or something. But she is treated to scraps and leftovers of the things we couldn't polish off at dinner time.

I wish I could go on vacation!  Even only a few days!  Having moved this year..... not likely! 

Our dogs are on a raw food diet (meats and a vegetable/fruit blend that we prepare in a large batch, then freeze in smaller portions. One is a real food hound - she'll eat just about anything at any time. The other one is a bit more finicky. However, they both LOVE ice cream!

One funny habit my food hound has: about 30-45 minutes after eating, she'll come over to me for a chest skritch, and then she will belch! At least I don't have to put her over my shoulder, and she doesn't spit up like a baby :)