JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Baby can't be named "Messiah" (Tennessee)

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3899 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

We lived in Miami growing up and we had August Brothers Bakery there. One of the guys named his daughter June July.  :uhhuh:

Neighbors of ours (who came into the truth) named their oldest daughter Easter Cherry and their last name was Heavener. OH MY!

I always thought it would have been cool to have the last name of Cross. Then I'd be Chris Cross. Better than brother Pain in the rear! My grandmother's last name was La Croix, which means the cross. I guess that is the closest to this that I am ever coming. LOL

I knew brother Don Prince who had the heavenly hope. Now his name is Don Prince King! OR Don King!   :lol:

I knew a brother years ago who had the last name "Mas". His parents gave him the first name "Christ" - When he was learning the Truth he used to complain about being named "Christmas" - his parents were not in the Truth ... they had no interest in the Truth.

His parents somehow could not understand why, when he was of legal age, he changed his name.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I didn't know the brother real well ... we used to work together at Circuit Assemblies for a few years ... other than that, I did not see/know him on a regular basis. It has been over 30 years since I have seen him and I cannot remember what his "chosen" name was ... I only remember the one he no longer wanted ... for obvious reasons.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~