JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Dragon NaturallySpeaking program

I haven't heard of this program. What is it.

I have heard of dragons blood. A surfies ointment for cuts and braises on corals etc.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

I've used it. Back in 99/2000 (don't recall exactly which year I got it) it worked ok but took several times to get it to "know" my voice correctly.  You'd say what you want typed and it would type it out then you correct the mistakes it picked up and say it again and keep on correcting it until it got to know your own speech patterns.  Once you got that down it was pretty nice to use.

I'm actually wanting to get a newer version to go with newer computer and set it up again. But money holds me back for now. :)

I haven't heard of this program. What is it.

I have heard of dragons blood. A surfies ointment for cuts and braises on corals etc.

It’s a program that recognizes your voice as you dictate to it. It’s for people who have poor typing skills or would rather dictate than type.

Edited by a3a27988

Windows 7 & 8 have a built in version of their own voice recognition/dictation- maybe not basic versions though since I don't play with them. Might be an additional download for windows esp Win 8. Haven't used it in years -Windows Millennium days. :wheelchair:  You do have to enable this feature.

Edited by pnutts

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

Thanks for the information.But I already tried the Windows version it worked for a while, for some reason it stopped working and I couldn't get it to recognize my voice anymore for some reason. That's why I bought Dragon naturally speaking. Works really well and I'm very happy with it.