JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Shameless Disregard for Life

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3886 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

http://rt.com/news/syria-chemical-weapons-un-775/

These people (politicians on either side) are absolutely shameless in their disregard for human life and or suffering.  And of course, none of them or their families are in any danger, just the poor unfortunates who happen to live on or near the areas their fighting over at the time.  Truly unfortunate circumstances.

The various heads of this wild beast can't continue to swipe at each other.  Up coming Watchtower issues (July, November 2013) are really faith strengthening to counter all this heartbreaking news.

Jus sighing and groaning...(Ezekiel 9:4) . . .“Pass through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and you must put a mark on the foreheads of the men that are sighing and groaning over all the detestable things that are being done in the midst of it.”

Agape'

For those who don't want to follow an external link:

Conflicting reports emerged of recent chemical weapons use in Syria. This comes on the same day that the UN inspectors arrive in Damascus to investigate allegations of use of toxic arms. The casualty figures range from dozens to almost 1,300 deaths.

(WARNING: THE ARTICLE CONTAINS GRAPHIC PHOTOS)

Initially, Al-Arabiya posted news of 280 victims on Twitter. Later, the news outlet upgraded the figure up to 1,188 victims quoting the Free Syrian Army.

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights had a much lower figure, claiming dozens of people were killed, including children.

News agencies such as Reuters and AP mostly put the numbers of victims at hundreds, but say that reports can't be independently verified.

I blocked these 10 tracking cookies when I checked out that article:

AddThis
Facebook Connect
Google +1
Google Analytics
LiveInternet
LongTail Video Analytics
Reddit
Statcounter
Tribal Fusion
Twitter Button

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Lately I've been amazed upon hearing of these places where such horrid reports of atrocities perpetuated against innocent people living in these war torn lands - that when I look in the Yearbook to see how many of our brothers and sisters are living there and going through these things - there ARE no reports from there. I realize that there may be some living there and unable to report but there surely must not be many. I'm speaking in particular about Syria and Egypt. But this also applies to Iraq and Iran. I'm sure there are probably others. Seems a bit coincidental to me. Just an observation...

The Bee

Check out the yearbooks.  I've read about Lebanon, Syria, Israel and other areas currently under ban.  It's quite fascinating.  Recently one of the friends here posted a report from the GB to the Egyptian government from 2009 regarding our brothers and sisters there.  It's like you said, we don't have exact figures, but they definitely are there serving Jehovah faithfully despite unthinkable challenges.

Thanks for that, Lin. It jogged my memory to remind me I had read somewhere that they don't print stats from lands that are under ban. Now it makes sense why they weren't in this year's YB. I sure hope and will pray our dear brothers are safe and sound amidst such horrible events.

The Bee

Thanks again for sharing this Lisa, a.k.a. allaboard4jah.

"If you want to stop this from happening to your posts, (just a suggestion) go on line and look for FREE ADBLOCK, and CCLEANER."

I've since downloaded the "adblocker plus" and I think I no longer have those links, I think... 8-) 

Thanks for the post. I got to see a glimpse onthe world news.

Its always the poor children that are affected.

It grabs the heart.

After being reminded laat nighs book study.

How many children will there be to care for in the new system?

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)