JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Deal on Emergency Backpacks!

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3892 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

If you haven't gotten yours yet, now is a good time to get one!

http://www.moolala.com/deals/id/YPJ4N7Q?hsp=1&cid=ZL67A8A&pid=Y2JEBQG&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Daily%20Deal%20List%20w%2F%20Locations&utm_campaign=Deals%20Mon-Sun%20PM%202013-08-22

I already have mine, but I bought another one just in case a family doesn't have one when the time comes!

Um, I don't want to appear dim but is there a reason for investing in one of these kits? Do you know something that I do not? 

I see that they are designed for "hurricane, tornado, earthquake and other natural disaster preparedness plans" Britain has not had a real  hurricane or a sizeable earthquake in living memory, so I do not feel any threat.

It would be different if I lived in Louisana or Japan. 

Um, I don't want to appear dim but is there a reason for investing in one of these kits? Do you know something that I do not? 

I see that they are designed for "hurricane, tornado, earthquake and other natural disaster preparedness plans" Britain has not had a real  hurricane or a sizeable earthquake in living memory, so I do not feel any threat.

It would be different if I lived in Louisana or Japan. 

You don't appear dim, Daniel.  The FDS has encouraged all of us to have such a thing even here in UK.  You may have missed the letter, so have a word with an elder about it.  It may not be a natural disaster such as the ones you mention that may require emergency evacuation.