JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

need a new camera, your opinions please

my camera broke  :cry:

the little latch that holds in the memory card & batts snapped & broke, been 

holding it shut with a rubber band for 6 months. now it won't even make battery

connection enough to turn on. probably cheaper to get a new one than repair it

have any of you used the point & shoot type cameras? just need a small one

that carries easily in a pocket or small bag

mostly take pics of items in creation: birds, sunsets, the friends :D

thank you for your advice & suggestions :flowers:

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16

Do you have a cell phone with a camera? They work pretty good and the pictures come out good too. Send me a PM with your address and I'll send you the one I don't use. It works great but I have 2.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

hi Vernalee, I do not have a camera with my cell phone but friends do

you're right the pics are good...

very nice offer, does yours work the camera part separate if the phone is not activated? is it possible to

transfer the pics from the phone to a laptop? 

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

Mine is a camera that you take the pictures and transfer them to your computer. It does movies and pictures. I have only used it maybe 2 times. You are welcome to it. You will have to get the book off the internet but it's easy to get.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

This is it, it is about 3 inches long, has a strap attached for your wrist and uses batteries. I bought it and then never used it.

Sony Bloggie HD Camcorder with 3" Touchscreen, 1080p HD V.

post-556-0-91128200-1377641351.jpg

Edited by GrumpysWife

it looks really nice!

could not just take it, will PM you on a price :)  

Canon S100
World's Best Pocket Camera
GPS, 12MP, 3" LCD, 24-120mm, 1080 HD, $250

© 2012 KenRockwell.com. All rights reserved.

Intro   Specs   Performance    Compared   Usage   Recommendations   More

donate.gif

D3S_7615-0600.jpg

Canon S100 (6.8 oz./193g, about $250). enlarge. This free website's biggest source of support is when you use these links, especially these directly to the Canon S100at Adorama in black and in silverat Amazon in black and at at Amazon in silverwhen you get anything, regardless of the country in which you live. Thanks! Ken.

December 2012       Canon reviews    All Reviews

DEAL: Down to $250 at Amazon in black and at at Amazon in silver.

Canon S100 Sample Images from Route 66The S100 could be the only camera you ever need.

Introduction         top

Intro   Specs   Performance    Compared   Usage   Recommendations   More

spcr.gif  spcr.gif

ritz.gif

The Canon S100 is significantly better than either of the olderCanon S95 or Canon S90 cameras because this Canon S100 is significantly faster in everything it does, even zooming, than the old cameras. Everything from power-on to menus to autofocus to frame rates is faster, making it faster and easier to get great shots than with other pocket cameras.

Overall picture quality is the same as the S95, which is quite good.

The S100 also adds a zoom lens that goes both wider and longer than either of its predecessors, as well as GPS tagging, GPS-based clock setting and 1080/24p video.

For the first time, the S100 finally has a rear control ring that works properly. The S90 had no detents, and the the S95 had weak detents for this dial. When the dial got knocked by accident on the older models it often ruined photos by shooting at ISO 3,200 in daylight, and there was no way to deactivate it. On the S100 it's far more difficult to move by accident, and the rear dial is ignored most of the time anyway.

The S100 also adds the first rubber grip so that it's much less likely to slip out of your hands than earlier models. The S100 is covered in rough black paint that feels a bit like sandpaper. It's not slippery as was the S90.

More at Compared.

s100-back-0600.jpg

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

That is true... Lol....who can beat free.... :)

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

I like my:   Canon PowerShot SX200IS   12 MP Digital Camera with 12x Wide Angle Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 3.0-inch LCD 

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-PowerShot-SX200IS-Stabilized-Black/dp/B001SER45Q/ref=sr_1_1/175-4670094-3341531?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1377698345&sr=1-1&keywords=canon+power+shot+sx200is

It looks very similar to the Cannon S100 as pictured above but it cost quite a bit more. The new model: Canon PowerShot SX210IS 14.1 MP will set you back almost $500.00.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

I almost brought a camera when we wwent to our last trip, but that cell phone is SO convient. I can't imagine using a separte camera anymore.

I can't upgrade till June of 2014. That phone will easily have a 13MP camera  :eek: and all kinds of other features I am sure.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....