JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What Serena Williams said after wining Womens U.S. Open Tennis Title

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3892 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

"Tennis: After her win over Azarenka, Williams thanked the crowd that filled the seats of the Arthur Ashe Tennis court, saying that she definitely felt the love from them as soon as she stepped out on court.

"It"s an honour to play in New York. ..

I give all the glory and honour to Jehovah God for allowing me to have this; ...

...and Victoria, you played unbelievable. What a great match, what a great person. What an honour to play against you. Vika"s such a great opponent. She"s such a great fighter so that"s why she"s been able to win in multiple Grand Slams.

It was never over until match point. "

http://www.tennisworldusa.org/WTA-US-Open-Serena-Williams-It-was-an-honour-New-York-articolo12811.html

but is she a witness? ive heard she isnt (which maybe wrong)   she played for the u.s. at the olympics... or was that her sister and i think i rem,ember her singing the national anthem? ive also heard one or tuther or them swearing on court ...which was reported on the sports news here last year and that doesnt give any glory or honour to Jehovah.... neither does playing tennis. just my tuppence worth. 

"You cannot be serious " :D she would be better off at the meetings and serving Jehovah instead off serving aces !!

Sometimes people say things to get a reaction, this seems to be one of those times, I agree, I've heard all kinds of rumours regarding both of the William sisters.... they knew the truth when they were younger but chose to pursue careers, neither of them are baptized.

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

I get in trouble whenever I say anything about those girls so I'll be charitable and say that she is at least pronouncing the Divine Name, just as the Protestants put it on their churches it at least lets people know God has a name.  To her credit she did say "allow me to have" and not "help me to win" and in that she is correct, he ALLOWS much in his Divine patience.  Jehovah "allows" Goldman Sachs to have millions of dollars in profits, he "allows" the Pope to have a private jet and he allows Nato to have missiles and weapons. We can all benefit from this system and the thrills, glory and achievements it offers while Jehovah allows it to continue.  Then He'll step in and allow no more.

I'll stop there. 

Bites lip.

Edited by sunshine