JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

New Zealand Branch sold

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3853 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

http://i.stuff.co.nz/auckland/local-news/manukau-courier/9124458/Witnesses-sell-Elim-buys

Witnesses sell, Elim buys

Last updated 05:00 05/09/2013

SCOTT MORGAN

9124480.jpgzoom.png

It was the national headquarters for the Jehovah's Witnesses for 30 years.

But the 7.5ha Wattle Downs property has now been sold to Elim Church and could soon house a new Christian college....

Its sad to see it go but onwards and upwards.

It feels wrong to sell it to Babylon but hey, its just a building. I imagine the standard of maintainence will suffer. The Elim church in my town isn't well kept, its not an eyesore or anything, just untidy.

The other articles from when the branch building went in sale stated that it was the most immaculate property the estate agent had ever seen, not a blade of grass was out of place according to him.

I agree but Babylon's money is as good as anyone's elses - we are not responsible for property after is passes out of our hands. 

Jehovah has seen fit to streamline and I have no doubt that we'll look back and think how wise this all is.  I think that even now. Great things ahead... so lets look forward.  Gog was never going to let us keep all anyway, might as well centralize, get the work done and then Jesus will give it all back to us after Armageddon.  Win-win situation if you ask me.

Edited by sunshine

I remember when the orchestra was first discontinued at Conventions and Assemblies. Many were saddened with the prospect of using "canned" music instead of a "live orchestra".

Now, many stare in almost disbelief when the orchestra in mentioned, since they have no knowledge or memory of there being one, because so many have come in since it was discontinued. And, when we sit and listen to the music before the sessions and hear the wondrous "full orchestration", those of us who do remember the orchestra and how, at times, it was extremely limited with the number of people and instruments available, welcome the "canned" music we now use.

The same will be true of these changes. Once we get used to the new buildings we will not be so quick to pine over the ones we sold.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~