JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Has anyone with iPad or iPhone installed ios7 yet?

I have installed it on my iPad and I love it. I am discovering many more ways to use my iPad too, although most will be aware of them already.

My granddaughter, who I have not seen or heard from for many years until just recently contacted me on Facetime. That was good.

I've just learned to use Messages and also downloaded the KHCONF app to listen to the meetings from home.

I just picked up on a couple of tips. When you want to type an apostrophe, I always had to press the .?123 button and then tap apostrophe, but on the keyboard you can press and hold the comma button and slide to apostrophe.

Also when typing an email address there was a .com button on ios6, but now you tap and hold the period (full stop in UK) and can choose domain endings by sliding to the one you want. Normally the full stop button will give you the option of typing ", but in emails not so.

Nice touch.

I believe

What's Kh Conf app vs just calling in?

I believe it uses VOIP technology rather than phone, and is clearer.

I have log-in problems at times so this should help.

There is also an app for Windows8 which i have to see the brother to install which would let me use my computer VOIP.

At present I use Skype, which is not brilliant and costs me money for the call.

• 3 weeks later...

Interestingly, my iPad crashed today - during the meeting!  It went blank and I could do nothing with it for a while.  I left it alone awhile and shared with my wife (no books at the meeting!) and then it turned on again!  Hmmm.

Might be a memory problem.  I had a few apps open and was using multigestures, which are apparently memory intensive.

Or it may have been an app having a problem with ios7.

Doing research on it and if I find a reason I'll report back.