JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2013 Service Report

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3826 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I might add, that if the system last a couple of years, you might see a big increase.

I imagine so. I returned to the truth in 2000, and the growth in that time has been phenomenal.

I used to say that this is "last call" to get on board :)

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Here is the copy that was sent to me...

Some tidbits from World Wide Report given this A.M. at Morning Worship. 

(Nov 1, 2013) 

2013 Worldwide Report: 

Peak Pubs: 7,965,954 = 2.4% increase over last year 
Baptized: 277,344 = 3.2% increase over last year 
Hours: 1,844,182,235 (Yes that is 1 BILLION, 844 MILLION …..)  = 5.3% increase!!!!! 
Reg Pios: 997,123 = 8.2% increase!!!!! 
Average of Bible Studies: 9,254,963 

What contributed to this wonderful report?  Metropolitan witnessing, public witnessing, and branches around the world have invited publishers from other countries who speak the language to come and help them with seldom worked territory. 

At a book fair in Colombia , the brothers set up a display and many said it was the best one there.  More than 500,000 people were in attendance.  More than 23,000 pieces of literature in 18 languages were placed, and best of all more than 400 “Please follow up” forms were obtained which was an average of 20 per day. 

In Mexico a similar display was set up at a book fair there.  700,000 people are expected to attend. 

In Bulgaria , there was a deaf Olympics held and more than 4,000 deaf individuals including 2,700—deaf athletes came from many different countries.  33 witnesses from 9 different nationalities came to help with public witnessing.  They had tables at several hotels, along with posters at 5 others displaying JW.org, then they had permission to set up a table at several of the athletic events.  One deaf woman from India grabbed the sister’s tablet when she saw it was sign language in her Indian language, and she  would not  give it back until the video was finished.  Then she said that she would be delighted to have someone call on her in India when she goes back home.  In total 203 people from 55 countries left their contact information for follow up! 

As a result of the metro witnessing initiative, a total of 90,896 magazines, 66,263 Books have been placed and 5,173 Bible Studies have been requested! 

In Romania , the branch launched a special field service campaign and invited Romanian speaking witnesses from quite a few countries to come and preach in seldom worked territory in Romania.  2,000 witnesses from U.S, European countries, etc. responded and 41 % of their seldom worked territory was worked during the two month campaign.  1,359 localities and over 1 million inhabitants were reached. They met many humble people who said things like, “God must have sent you”, and “We have been waiting for you to come.”  They did get opposition from the priests.  In one case a priest snatched a magazine out of a householder’s hand.  But the householder snatched it back!  So many are hungering for the truth!  The publishers placed 89,966 magazines, and 6,127 books.  Also placed 116,701 brochures. And 31,379 Bible Studies were started! 

Brother Perla concluded that the report reminds us of Proverbs 1:20,21 where it says that “true wisdom cries aloud in the street, it keeps raising its voice in the public squares. At the corner of a busy street it calls out!” 

Have a great day in service!  You are contributing to this wonderful report!

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!