JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Dirt fishing

Anyone out there dirt fish?

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk

So Brother Dave. Talk to us. How you do it? What do you use? We were thinking about trying it out since we do so much camping. Thought it might be interesting to see what we could "dig up". What's a good starting machine?

I've been doing it a long time, have found a lot of stuff, generally get a ring every third trip out.

I scan Craig's list and also buy detectors that people get discouraged and unload cheap and resell for a decent profit. Pm me

Don't get me wrong, I'm not in this hobby to make $ or take advantage of anyone especially brothers and sisters. I only buy/sell 3-4 machines a year. So if I said anything wrong, I apologize. Please don't take it the wrong way

Don't get me wrong, I'm not in this hobby to make $ or take advantage of anyone especially brothers and sisters. I only buy/sell 3-4 machines a year. So if I said anything wrong, I apologize. Please don't take it the wrong way

Nothing wrong with promoting your hobby! :)  Wife and I going to check it out. Camping weather coming up soon. Not soon enough but soon.

I never heard of dirt fishing before. I was hoping to see the catch of the day like the one John west didn't reject. lols

BTW. I love fishing, hook line & sinkers.lols

Dirt fishing. I'm interested in learning a new thing. :)

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

The thing with dirt fishing is once the initial cost is spent, everything else is going back into the cost. It pays for itself. Although you have to spend for batteries, unless you get rechargeable batteries.

The thing with dirt fishing is once the initial cost is spent, everything else is going back into the cost. It pays for itself. Although you have to spend for batteries, unless you get rechargeable batteries.

I was so hoping your were into noodling, would love to have heard your experience with it but looking for lost treasure is great too. I wish there was a detector for Native American Arrowheads, we live on an old indian site where a chief was buried. 

Noodling is fishing using your fingers as the bait.

Noodling is fishing for catfish using only bare hands, practiced primarily in the southern United States. The noodler places his hand inside a discovered catfish hole. Many other names, such as catfisting, grabbling, graveling, hogging, cat-daddling, dogging, gurgling, tickling and stumping, are used in different regions for the same activity.

The term "noodling", although today used primarily towards the capture of flathead catfish, can and has been applied to all hand fishing methods, regardless of the method or species of fish sought

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Anyone out there dirt fish?

Grumpy has one of those fishing poles in a case, under his bed. It is about 25 yrs old, slightly used.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

He said it's a White. He used it a few times and like all those things you buy on a whim............wasted money. Just no time.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

OLD that's the best I can do. He said it was now out in the storage shed. I haven't been in the shed for years. When he bought it,he never bought anything but the best. He said he forgot all about it until I mentioned it. He has toys in there that he hasn't looked at in 30 yrs. He needs to have a yard sale. :o  :angry:  :headphones: