JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

No bake Nutella cheesecake

I love cheesecake. If I could marry it I would. But I'll have to be content with it being a good friend.

This is just a basic, easy cheesecake that you can whip up in a matter of minutes, yet tastes like a great deal of effort has gone into the preparation.

2 room temp packages of cream cheese

1 c of powdered sugar

1 tsp of vanilla extract

Pinch of salt

1 cup of sour cream

Small jar of Nutella

Beat all of the above until light and fluffy then taste for desired sweetness--add 1/4 c of powdered sugar till you get it sweet enough for your liking. Keep beating after adding additional powdered sugar.

Pour this into a prepared graham cracker crust and refrigerate till you can't stand it any longer.

If you want to make your crust place graham crackers in a food processor with 1 stk of melted butter and 1 T of Nutella . Melt Nutella and butter in microwave and stir into finely processed graham crackers. This gives the crust a slightly hazelnut flavor and really enhances the filling.

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Leslie..thanks for the recipe! I am going to the health food store today where I can get organic cream cheese and there are several chocolate but butters to choose from...I will use my organic Greek yogurt in place of the sour cream and gluten free chocolate cake for the crust! Can't wait!

Keep warm!post-2322-0-71726200-1389104089.gif

Edited by SUNRAY

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

Sounds like a tasty recipe :) i love to cook, but I've never made a cheesecake. I think this might be my first attempt recipe!

Leslie..thanks for the recipe! I am going to the health food store today where I can get organic cream cheese and there are several chocolate but butters to choose from...I will use my organic Greek yogurt in place of the sour cream and gluten free chocolate cake for the crust! Can't wait!

Keep warm!attachicon.gifFireplace_2.gif

Sounds delicious and very healthy!

Keep warm!attachicon.gifFireplace_2.gif

'But butters?' Haaaahaaaahaaa

LeslieDean

I am sure you can. It will set up

Just the same. I have also used just cream cheese, a lime squeeze and the zest, plus 1 can condensed milk and approx 1/2 to 1 cup powdered sugar. This can be beaten together and makes a wonderful cheesecake too! You can add a favorite jam about 1/4 c to flavor the way you want. The squeeze of lime helps to balance the sweetness (key lime was what I was thinking but the word just now came to me)

LeslieDean

For anyone on a low carb diet my husband use to beat a 5 lb box of cream cheese with Stivea and a little vanilla and it tasted just like a cheese cake but no sugar. I don't know how he lost weight eating a 5 pound bowl of cream cheese buy he did!

LeslieDean

I love cheesecake. If I could marry it I would. But I'll have to be content with it being a good friend.

This is just a basic, easy cheesecake that you can whip up in a matter of minutes, yet tastes like a great deal of effort has gone into the preparation.

"and refrigerate till you can't stand it any longer."

Does using a cold bowl and beaters count as refrigeration.

"and refrigerate till you can't stand it any longer."

Does using a cold bowl and beaters count as refrigeration.

I actually told a friend once her recipe was great but I always have to double it because it just is not ample enough to make a decent size cheesecake. Duh! She said not to keep sampling it and there would be plenty. She really knows me!

LeslieDean

Leslie..I used the recipe I said above and 2 gluten free 1" cakes sliced in half.. 3/4 layer on the bottom, 1" cheesecake filling, 3/4" cake on top..voila!! (looks like a 6" X 8" ice cream sandwich! Hubby loves it..also I could freeze them if there is any left!

Now friends I need a name!???

cat2_e0.gif

I am sure you can. It will set up

Just the same. I have also used just cream cheese, a lime squeeze and the zest, plus 1 can condensed milk and approx 1/2 to 1 cup powdered sugar. This can be beaten together and makes a wonderful cheesecake too! You can add a favorite jam about 1/4 c to flavor the way you want. The squeeze of lime helps to balance the sweetness (key lime was what I was thinking but the word just now came to me)

Yum!  Sounds delish!!  :D

Live long and prosper. 🖖🏻

• 3 weeks later...

Leslie..I used 2 packages of organic cultured creamed cheese (Organic Valley), 1 cup Organic Greek Yogurt..fat free, 1 cup Woodstock brand Organic powdered sugar, 1 grated organic lime rind, juice from that 1 lime!..Beat with hand mixer 'till light and creamy..

Chocolate cake is made using Pamela's baking and pancake mix containg almond flour, brown rice flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, baking soda..I use coconut sugar because it has a caramel taste and is low on the glycemic index, one cup..also 1/2 cup Greek yogurt and one cup organic lactose free fat free milk and one organic egg...I add the flour mix last till it reaches the right consistency..pour into two 6" X 8" Pyrex dished..bake 35 min at 355° then cool and slice each in half when cool..spread 1/2 filling in each and refrigerate!

cat2_e0.gif

oh mamma! that sounds wonderful!

Leslie my husband and I must eat organic or as close to possible for health reasons.now that I found these products it's quite easy..the Greek yogurt replaced the oil and one egg and is healthy for the gut! I forgot to mention..organic raw cocoa powder for the cake!!

Edited by SUNRAY

cat2_e0.gif

I am assuming that you can tell a difference health wise then.  I never trust the labels when it says organic.  Plus the extra cost seems hard for me right now--I guess if I really believed that you would benefit health wise it would not be so hard for me to do.

LeslieDean

The way I figure it Leslie, no pesticide and no gmo is more in tune sith what is healthy..we have excellent hf stores and our Publix supermarkets in Florida sell a lot of the same brands..we have never been on any prescription drugs..my husband is 75 and I will be 68 in a few days..We used to eat out..an ocassional burger king burger, dairy queen sundays, etc...since going gluten free and eating non gmo and organic we feel pretty good! Younger bodies may endure better although there is a lot of breast cancer and colon cancer these days!..Actually I think our food tastes better too!

cat2_e0.gif