JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Ballet

Does anyone like ballet? I love Prokofiev's Romeo and Juliet and have seen that a few times. Not so keen on classical stuff like Swan Lake, but I like modern ballet and dance. Just got tickets to a ballet to music by Frank Zappa - that should be interesting - at bayerische staatsoper!

Does anyone like ballet? I love Prokofiev's Romeo and Juliet and have seen that a few times. Not so keen on classical stuff like Swan Lake, but I like modern ballet and dance. Just got tickets to a ballet to music by Frank Zappa - that should be interesting - at bayerische staatsoper!

I am more into classical ballet.  I have seen Swan Lake, Nutcracker, and some others.  Growing up in Chicago my mom would take us to see the ballet on a regular basis.  

I just love it, my daughter enjoys it, my husband and son do not.

That was what jumped off the page at me when I saw it!  We will be in Munich for a week and I thought it would be cool to visit the Opera House (my wife and I love opera too) so I checked the schedule to see what was on that week.  How could I refuse the Zappa ballet?

(Of course, by 'ballet' it's doubtful that it refers to anything in a classical format - I would think that 'modern dance' will be a more accurate description.  I can't imagine how they would dance to Zappa's music - but then they said that about Prokofiev and Stravinsky too!))