JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Gmail question

I have it on a tablet and a phone. How do I get to a desktop view?

On my android phone there is an icon for contacts..sometimes it says "people"...Make sure you enter an email address under each person's name..In Gmail just start typing the person's name and their email address will come up..tap it!

Should be same for tablet..

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

On my android phone there is an icon for contacts..sometimes it says "people"...Make sure you enter an email address under each person's name..In Gmail just start typing the person's name and their email address will come up..tap it!

Should be same for tablet..

Where is the icon? I don't see it.

What tablet and phone are you using, brother?

I have a Samsung galaxy S2 phone and a Samsung tablet. Not sure.the model#.

I also forgot to mention that what I am needing help with is the gmail app. I can't find the contact list using the Gmail app.

Edited by mserskine

Where is the icon? I don't see it.

Here are 3 pictures to show the icon on my home screen..I keep it next to my gmail icon..the 2nd picture shows the applications icon that takes you to a screen with all your icons..find the contact icon there and hold with finger and slide sideways to bring it to your homescreen!post-2322-0-90807800-1391898711.jpgpost-2322-0-77855100-1391898757_thumb.jppost-2322-0-07468200-1391898809_thumb.jp

cat2_e0.gif

The Tabs are always logged on to your Google account because that is how it syncs and gets updates, etc. I think you can log out if you want to, but you'd have to log back in to download any new apps, etc. Go to "settings" and scroll down the left side until you see "Accounts" you should be able to log out there.

As long as you have entered the email address under the person's name, type the person's name where it says "to" in your new email and their address will pop up..tap it and go on to the next box and type your message..then tap the paper airplane icon in the top right corner to send!

cat2_e0.gif

Is it possible to log out of a gmail account on a samsung tab, mine is continually open, I would love to log out !!

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

I need to find the contacts list using the Gmail application. I can find it on regular Gmail.

Edited by Musky

If you have an Android, your Gmail address book is your contact list too. If I make contact  changes from my computer in Gmail, they instantly show up on my phone and my tablet's contacts.  As long as the same account is on all of your devices. That is one of the features I love about Android. 

The "Gmail app" is just the email client on your phone or tablet that accesses your online Gmail account. The contacts on your phone will also be in your Gmail account contact list online. Just use a computer to log into your Google/Gmail account and you will see the contacts from your phone or tablet in there. I do most of my contact editing with my computer and any changes I make also show on my phone and my tablet's contact list.