JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Laughing so hard..

You can tell it is real because the camera is stationary and all you can see is, we'll, never mind. Maybe someone else can open it. After posting I checked it and it did play for me. If you just search ' there she goes old lady and dog' the clip pops right up. So funny to watch.

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Thank you for fixing the post.

You are right when you say she flies a little to easy but that was what convinced me. My sister got a Rhodesian Ridgeback from the shelter. Huge dog. She wanted to spare a dogs life and not spend a fortune buying one. She fell in love with Lucy and brought the beast home.

First week she ate countless bras and panties from the hamper. Even popped the underwire from a bra out whole without getting a bowel obstruction. Next few weeks she devoured an ottoman. This dog was crated but got out of the wire crate. Margie invested in a trainer for Lucy because she does not want to get rid of her.

Trainer (a very large man) tells Margie to get a big rope from the feed store. One you use breaking and leading horses. He says keep her tied up and deliver correction to her as he instructs. He goes a step farther and tells her if she is reading or watching TV to keep Lucy on the rope and to place the end of the rope under her foot to keep Lucy anchored close to her at all times.

Margie is reading her Bible with Lucy on rope and rope under foot. Margie dozes off and awakens to find rope and Lucy gone. She jumps up in hog pursuit and sees the end of the rope sticking out from under her bed. This I'd where Lucy would always take clothes, pillows etc to destroy. Margie grabs the end of the rope securely because she knows she is going yo have to give firm swift correction. She hollers at Lucy 'Lucy shame on you, bad girl! I'm gonna count to three one-two-three and yanks that rope with everything she's got!!!

Only to fly in against the wall with she shoulder and breaking it ! Lucy had ate through the rope and there was no 150# dog on the end of it !

She ended up having me take her yo the shelter after they said they would she she got a home on a farm. I sincerely hope they meant a real farm and not one parents tell children their dogs have gone to live.

She just did not know her own strength, this wonderful dog!

LeslieDean

Oh, that's funny Leslie! I think the video is hilarious, real or not! 

Here is what one posted commented about it:

I worked on this job 12 years ago. It was one of ten viral internet ads for Honda. The old lady was wearing a harness under her coat and she was hooked up to a crane out of shot. When the dog was called by its owner and ran off, a couple of the stunt crew pulled the cable that lifted the woman. Just out of shot, she spun around and around in the air until someone could run in and fix her the right way up. We shot about 5 takes in total. It was filmed in Scotland in 2001.

Leslie, I used to work for a family who bought a Ridgeback. When he was a puppy he was completely out of control and she tried to take him to a trainer. He didn't respond at all. I thought she was too timid a person for him. As he grew he was up on the kitchen counters eating everything he could find, even spices. He devoured a whole chicken she brought home for dinner. So the trainer said to cover the counters with mouse traps. Well I think Bear traps would have made  a bigger impression on this conniving dog. This is a dog for the right person, they need a heavy stern disciplinarian, one who doesn't stop the training for anything.

We had an Anatolian Shepherd, that stinking dog was SMART! She was smarter than me, and had 4 times the energy as me. We had a radio fence to keep her on the property, she'd go to the edge and walk back and forth on the boundary that makes the collar beep but not shock until the battery in the collar died then she was gone!!  After the 4th time of running I didn't call the pound again. Shew, glad to have 3 little dogs that just want to curl up under my feet.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

I love this topic!  Being a large dog breed lover, I have much to add!  I have a Great Dane like the one in the video.  She's afraid of everything, the broom, mop, vacuum, plastic bags, paper bags, shoes, the wind, if anything is out of place....and on and on.  But I had a yellow lab that made Marley from the movie seem like an obedience training poster puppy.  We had to get a shock collar for him so he would stay in the tiled family room area.  It would beep if he got too close to the forbidden area.  He would bark for about 10-15 minutes at that spot and then close his eyes and bomb it, getting shocked all the way, but then it was impossible to catch him.  Sometimes we would come home from the meeting and he would be asleep on his back on my formal sofa, shock collar around his neck.   Pooper scooping was like a treasure hunt.  We would find crayons, pens, pencils, erasers, underwear, socks, ponytail holders, balls of foil, plastic wrap, rocks, landscaping bark and on and on.  Since he was a counter surfer, he would take food right under my nose, as quiet as a mouse.  Once he stole a whole tri-tip hot off the grill.  I think the funniest thing was when he ate 3 stuffed chicken breast off the counter.  They had a 4-5" skewer through each one, and when we pooper scooped, we found 3 poops on a skewer.  I'm shocked it didn't kill him.  He was such a pain, but we sure miss him.  We taught him to fetch beer out of the fridge in the garage, but he got too good at it and started helping himself.   He was the best dog ever!

Proverbs 16:3  "Commit to Jehovah whatever you do and your plans will succeed."

Oh Carol!!! They do provide so much love and entertainment! You had a jewel! And isn't that what is remarkable about Jehovah's animal creation---we all think we have the BEST, MOST UNIQUE, dog EV-AR! Then we find ourself feeling and saying the say thing about the next one! They all have something special and individual about them!

Love the skewered poop! Poop-ka-bobs! That's what's for dinner tonight!

LeslieDean

I love this topic!  Being a large dog breed lover, I have much to add!  I have a Great Dane like the one in the video.  She's afraid of everything, the broom, mop, vacuum, plastic bags, paper bags, shoes, the wind, if anything is out of place....and on and on.  But I had a yellow lab that made Marley from the movie seem like an obedience training poster puppy.  We had to get a shock collar for him so he would stay in the tiled family room area.  It would beep if he got too close to the forbidden area.  He would bark for about 10-15 minutes at that spot and then close his eyes and bomb it, getting shocked all the way, but then it was impossible to catch him.  Sometimes we would come home from the meeting and he would be asleep on his back on my formal sofa, shock collar around his neck.   Pooper scooping was like a treasure hunt.  We would find crayons, pens, pencils, erasers, underwear, socks, ponytail holders, balls of foil, plastic wrap, rocks, landscaping bark and on and on.  Since he was a counter surfer, he would take food right under my nose, as quiet as a mouse.  Once he stole a whole tri-tip hot off the grill.  I think the funniest thing was when he ate 3 stuffed chicken breast off the counter.  They had a 4-5" skewer through each one, and when we pooper scooped, we found 3 poops on a skewer.  I'm shocked it didn't kill him.  He was such a pain, but we sure miss him.  We taught him to fetch beer out of the fridge in the garage, but he got too good at it and started helping himself.   He was the best dog ever!

Carol--I just told many if our customers at the bar about your dog's escapades !!! He is now at celebrity status!!! I know you love and miss him so much!

Thanks for the belly laughs'

LeslieDean