JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Search feature added to JW.org

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3703 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I noticed that the organization used Alexa to get the stats for the website. I thought I would check it out to compare with others.

Alexa state that a ranking is calculated like this:

Alexa Traffic Rank
An estimate of this site's popularity.

The rank is calculated using a combination of average daily visitors to this site and pageviews on this site over the past 3 months. The site with the highest combination of visitors and pageviews is ranked #1.

I don't want to advertise other sites here so will not put the addresses in for them but they are easily found if you feel the need to check for yourself. :)

jw.org is ranked 1,787 Globably out of all websites on the planet. http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/watchtower.com (It automatically resolves to watchtower.com when you search for jw.org)

One huge recently in the news religion ranked 12,027 ;)

Big American religion ranked 36,146

Large English church ranked 210,300

Looks like jw.org is very well supported and used. hehe :)

Edited by Mykyl

I'm pretty sure the search function has been there for some time, maybe even from the launch of the new website?

Maybe not though :)

Just checked the pages I saved for offline use and it is indeed a new feature. 

see http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/12765-the-use-of-electronic-devices-in-the-ministry/?p=201607 for using this in the ministry.

Edited by bohemian

Just checked the pages I saved for offline use and it is indeed a new feature. 

see http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/12765-the-use-of-electronic-devices-in-the-ministry/?p=201607 for using this in the ministry.

Thanks! Maybe they moved it from a different location on the site? I seem to remember a "search site" feature. 

Frankie put that video together for the friends at meekspace, there is an Android version of the video on the way, soon we hope.

Edited by Musky