JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3692 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Anyone else use this app? 

It is only on Windows 8.  According to the developers blog, he is a young pioneer brother from Ukraine.  The app is free although you can make donations to support it.

It has lots of useful features.  It can download books and magazines in epub and pdf.  You can highlight comments, and notes to the book.  View in single column or multi column mode.  Scriptures pop up in a pop up balloon.

It also has a days text feature, current watchtower and CBS/School topics, can import other pubs like KM and a "What's New on jw.org"

I think it is the kind of app that JW Library will develop into one day.  Given the lack of decent epub readers with advanced features on the Windows 8 platform, this one is very good news and would recommend it, even after using it only a few hours.

Do you mean this one -http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/8831-jwreader-keeps-crashing/?hl=jwreader

That can be DLd from here for free -http://www.syntaxsoftwaresolutions.co.uk/JWReader/

Or were you thinking of another one? Maybe a link would be helpful.

Never mind, I see you are talking about a Windows 8 ONLY app.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I like the mind-set of this brother.  He's worked hard in developing an app and given it for free, not a cut-down version or ad-supported app, but the full app.  Its up to you whether you feel you should "pay" for it.  But credit due when credit due.

Name needs to change, as it is more than a bible reader app, and is very similar to JW Reader.  Still a few bugs I've noticed, but not major ones.

Not sure why the JW Library hasn't been updated like the ipad and android.  I guess Win8 users are a minority group.  Or maybe a more elitist group :D

I am using it on my Toshiba Encore windows 8 tablet. I still wish that the jwlibrary app would be updated like the ipad and android versions were.

I like the mind-set of this brother.  He's worked hard in developing an app and given it for free, not a cut-down version or ad-supported app, but the full app.  Its up to you whether you feel you should "pay" for it.  But credit due when credit due.

Name needs to change, as it is more than a bible reader app, and is very similar to JW Reader.  Still a few bugs I've noticed, but not major ones.

Not sure why the JW Library hasn't been updated like the ipad and android.  I guess Win8 users are a minority group.  Or maybe a more elitist group :D

Version 1.1 is now available on the Windows Store.

Notes:

• Sing to Jehovah and Examining the Scriptures Daily—2014.
  • Quick access to today’s daily text.
  • Shortcut to Watchtower ONLINE LIBRARY.
  • Support for Windows 8 snapped views.
  • History available on the bottom App bar.

PLEASE NOTE: Version 1.1 will be the last version to support Windows 8.0. Future releases of JW Library will require Windows 8.1.

Version 1.1 is now available on the Windows Store.

Notes:

• Sing to Jehovah and Examining the Scriptures Daily—2014.
  • Quick access to today’s daily text.
  • Shortcut to Watchtower ONLINE LIBRARY.
  • Support for Windows 8 snapped views.
  • History available on the bottom App bar.

PLEASE NOTE: Version 1.1 will be the last version to support Windows 8.0. Future releases of JW Library will require Windows 8.1.

Thanks will get the update.  Been waiting for the snapped view support so I can the bible on one side and the publication the other side of screen.