JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Ok, I have a pet peeve. It's not ground shaking or anything but a simple request so I don't shudder every time FDS is used to identify 

The Faithful and Discreet Slave (class).

Please use FS- Faithful Slave from now on, pretty please, oh pretty pretty please!!!! :pray:

http://www.fds.info/products/

It's been around for 40 years or so and a staple in most societies and I can't shake the way my brain goes when I hear FDS from the brothers. ARGG! :censored:

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

No no no, I think you're thinking of Fox Sports, or For Sale (often seen in FS/FT), or a much more obscene FS (that is sometimes preceded by another F, but that doesn't have to be, and that certainly wouldn't be good for use by any of us).  On the other hand, the latter would give the OP a reason to use that censored emoticon more often.

No no no, I think you're thinking of Fox Sports, or For Sale (often seen in FS/FT), or a much more obscene FS (that is sometimes preceded by another F, but that doesn't have to be, and that certainly wouldn't be good for use by any of us).  On the other hand, the latter would give the OP a reason to use that censored emoticon more often.

Mike, 

I'm struggling how to answer. The first part is ok, but the second part is something I don't understand. Don't worry, I intentionally stay ignorant on lots of things to maintain my "innocence", Lew usually has to explain things to me, so for me to not understand is nothing unusual. :wub:  

I still stick to my original request though, FS for Faithful Slave.  :praying:

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

FRANK SINATRA, really Tim?? No way! I loooove Frank Sinatra. Owoo wooo wooo woo......

FS= Faithful Slave!

Edited by bagwell1987

Ok, I have a pet peeve. It's not ground shaking or anything but a simple request so I don't shudder every time FDS is used to identify 

The Faithful and Discreet Slave (class).

Please use FS- Faithful Slave from now on, pretty please, oh pretty pretty please!!!! :pray:

http://www.fds.info/products/

It's been around for 40 years or so and a staple in most societies and I can't shake the way my brain goes when I hear FDS from the brothers. ARGG! :censored:

:o  I thought you meant FDS like in flowers delivery.......wasn't that "FDS"

Don't worry, you don't need to know the latter. I've just seen it before elsewhere. The point is that abbreviations can mean all kinds of things, and you may want everyone to change but you may not know what you're asking for. Obviously, asking an entire forum to change for one person is not likely to go over well, but I digress and figure you aren't wholly serious. There are places like the urban dictionary online to learn the meanings and decipher much of today's language online. You probably don't need or want to go there. Some definitions are best left unsaid, and some of us (me) pick up on and know things that they don't need or necessarily want to know.

Don't worry, you don't need to know the latter. I've just seen it before elsewhere. The point is that abbreviations can mean all kinds of things, and you may want everyone to change but you may not know what you're asking for. Obviously, asking an entire forum to change for one person is not likely to go over well, but I digress and figure you aren't wholly serious. There are places like the urban dictionary online to learn the meanings and decipher much of today's language online. You probably don't need or want to go there. Some definitions are best left unsaid, and some of us (me) pick up on and know things that they don't need or necessarily want to know.

I understood this whole thread as being a joke, hence it's posted in the "General chit chat" forum? :)

FRANK SINATRA, really Tim?? No way! I loooove Frank Sinatra. Owoo wooo wooo woo......

FS= Faithful Slave!

Of course, and I have dibs on teaching him the truth - Imagine listening to him sing Kingdom melodies!   ...   has to stay FDS, cause being Discreet is just as important. 

"I've got the world on a string"   ...   "Fly me to the moon"   ...  "Put your dreams away"   ....   "Pennies from Heaven"   ...   and @ 1000+ others    ....  I think it's time to pour a glass of wine  (or maybe some JD) and play a little Frank!     ... nite'all.