JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Movie Daniel on Netflix

I saw the Book of Daniel on Netflix. There were two problems I had with the film.

1. Daniel never once speaks God's name. He uses "The Lord" instead of Jehovah. But knowing the Bible whenever you hear "The Lord" just swap in "Jehovah".

2. When Daniel was explaining the statue dream to Nebuchadnezzar he merged the iron legs and iron / clay feet into one kingdom. We, of course, know that the iron legs was the Roman empire and feet is the Anglo-American dual world power.

Other than those this was a REALLY well made film. I highly recommend it. I also recommend One Night with the King, which is inspired by the Bible book of Esther.

Edited by SacramentoBrother

Has anyone seen this movie?  I'm wondering if it is appropriate to watch.  I'm also assuming the movie Noah at the movie theaters has totally been messed up?

I was wondering the same thing myself so I reseached to see who was the director of the movie Noah.  The director is Darren Aronofsky, a self-proclaim atheist.  That should explain much of its contents.  In Aronofsky's mind blasphemy is an art form.  

I found The Book of Daniel on Netflix surprisingly engaging. I began to watch it expecting to be disappointed or annoyed but I really enjoyed it. I expect inaccuracies in a  biblical film and as Ryan above posted you will find a couple, however it didn't spoil it for me.

I saw One Night with the King a while ago and thought it was good. I did think it was weird that they took the women (against their will) to be concubines and the women didn't have a problem with it. They acted like it wasn't a big deal. I didn't know if that was realistic or not.

Gina

• 2 months later...

Its was a command of the king so it would have been against their will. Being the case of a woman back then they may have felt to protest could have meant heavy abuse possibly death. I saw a night with the king it was decent but It was a little hokey with the things they made happen or the artistic license they took. Other than that I thought it was a great movie.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green