JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Your Computer/Tablet(s) Setup

I was just wondering if there is a english translation for what ya'll are speaking? :)

Now, this I understand. I read it, think I may learn. Nope. My iPad. I charge it as needed. And turn the sound off at the hall. Pretty much it.

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

My desktop setup is: (copied & pasted from pc retailer)

1x Samsung T220 22" TFT Monitor 1680x1050 20,000:1 2ms VGA/DVI Rose Black         2 x Kingston 2GB DDR3 1333MHz i5 Memory Module CL9 1.5V           1 x Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P 790X Socket AM3 DDR3 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard           1 x XFX HD 4650 1GB DDR2 Dual DVI HDTV Out PCI-E Graphics Card           1 x Seagate ST3500418AS 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache - OEM           1 x Coolermaster Black Elite 330 Case With eXtreme Power 460W PSU with Side Window

1 x        AMD Phenom ii x4 945    processor                

• 3 weeks later...

I know nothing about what is inside the computer/tablets I am using...my bad! Just put one in front of me and I like playing around with them until they do what I want. I have recently thought I could take a few classes on my spare time...(I wanted to insert here one of those smiley face guys laughing hysterically but I don't see that available on my writing box)

I do know I have a laptop, Samsung, 17" monitor. I chose that one when looking 3 years ago to replace my old one (I always got my husbands or daughters outdated models when they upgraded) this was one I bought "new". I liked the keyboard on it, floating type without spaces in-between...AND...(how could it get better than that?) I could plug in my cordless mouse and external drive at the same time! It did come was a simple Microsoft Office already on it and I love playing with Excel, I make forms for the congregation for Jess and now the school overseer has me doing the school schedule to post at the hall.

Last year I saved and bought an iPad, just before the Air came out...(insert, smiley face looking really irritated) but I loved it. Within a month the guy at the Apple store looked at what I was doing and asked "this is your first iPad?" Thanks to a lot of you guys who helped me find different apps that would work for the various meetings and things. I love checking out what others are doing and trying things out. I use my iPad for everything at the meetings. I do my Bible a Highlights using my laptop for the WT CD, save it to Dropbox and open that in Notability. Everything else I study on my iPad.

Last month I got a Nexus 7 for the ministry. I use and show the videos a lot but didn't like taking my iPad out in service. I also wanted to learn the Android system. This has been quite the challenge from the iPad. One challenge is I want to study my books for the ministry on the tablet and lighten my service bag. I downloaded ezPDF, bought the pro version, but it won't let me use the Pen or highlighter. I thought buying the Pro would open these options. I figure the books are in a format that won't allow freehand annotating but I can't figure out how to change that. It will underline and highlight if I use the preset icons but the pen, which opens, I can change the color, but it doesn't mark and the highlighter just has a "?" on it. If anyone know anything about this I would appreciate any help on that. I also downloaded iannotate and can't figure out how to change the pen size from very, very tiny to readable, so I am struggling between the two to find an app I can study in to carry in service. I have both these apps on my iPad and haven't had any problem with them so I thought it should be like...the same...silly me.

Got myself a new laptop!  8gb ram, 1TB hard drive, Intel Core i3.  Bargain price as they were clearing out Windows 8 computers in favor of 8.1. Updated to 8.1 no problems.   My tablet came with a key for Office 2013 that I never used on it, so used it to install Office on my new laptop instead.  Overall very pleased.

• 3 weeks later...

I stumble around the Web, on my Kindle HD Fire. Truly glad I tripped and found y'all. My son tried to download jw library, but I only have the bible. But man! You can whiz thru a reading in no time. Actually have to be careful, as reading on one of the screens is so easy to miss the tasty bites. :huh:

I stumble around the Web, on my Kindle HD Fire. Truly glad I tripped and found y'all. My son tried to download jw library, but I only have the bible. But man! You can whiz thru a reading in no time. Actually have to be careful, as reading on one of the screens is so easy to miss the tasty bites. :huh:

On your KF there is a place to allow for other Apps. I could never get it to work. But the good news is that Amazon has the WT App for your KF in the Kindle section. I installed it for a friend.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

On your KF there is a place to allow for other Apps. I could never get it to work. But the good news is that Amazon has the WT App for your KF in the Kindle section. I installed it for a friend.

Looks like it is time for me to put on a smile to cover my grimace, and give it a go. It would save me from having to buy an android. That was going to be my next purchase, but with the cost of living soaring out of sight, glad I won't have to. Thanx, Verna!