JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

pasting from JW online library

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3673 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

In using the JW online library, does anyone know how to cut and paste that shows the year and reference of the article you are pasting?  I am able to highlight the entire article and paste it without any issues but would really like to have it paste the reference details as to what publication, pages, etc it is from.  ^_^

Not sure if it matters but I am using the iPad.

There isn't a way that I have found.

Instead I paste the part of the article I want and then I type in the article dates and pages.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

View the page in landscape mode and you should see the article information on the left.

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif Photo Mar 31, 4 16 44 PM (Small).png

That's what I do. And then I copy the text of the reference and then the link (if anyone wants to read the entire article)

Using chrome:

1- long press the link

2- "copy text of the link"

3-"copy address of the link"

Posted Image

So, still 2 steps.

I think our OP was wondering if - like in the WTLibrary CD when  a portion of an article is copied, it will automatically copy the location - like this:

*** it-1 p. 9 Aaron ***
A son of Amram and Jochebed of the tribe of Levi, born in Egypt in 1597 B.C.E. Levi was Aaron’s great-grandfather. (Ex 6:13, 16-20) Miriam was his elder sister, and Moses was his younger brother by three years. (Ex 2:1-4; 7:7) Aaron married Elisheba, daughter of Amminadab, and had four sons, Nadab, Abihu, Eleazar, and Ithamar. (Ex 6:23) He died in 1474 B.C.E. at the age of 123 years.—Nu 33:39.

post-272-0-75910200-1396300087.jpg
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I guess that's not possible because the copy function is an internal function of the browser not wol, like the copy with captio n is not the standard copy function of windows but a specialy made function for wtlib.

Maybe the brothers some day implement that same function on wol