JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Passion of the Christ movie

If demons can exert physical energy to move objects and attack people, then logically they could use that same power to stop people from walking in a certain direction. Of course they are restricted from materializing, implanting thoughts, and reading minds, but they can mimic all three by causing visions, subliminal whispers, and reading body language, and almost everything else is fair game.

When the movie first came out, some friends who saw it in the theater did relate similar experiences. That said, none of those who saw it on DVD reported any demonic presence or manifestation, so it's possible that the demons were attracted not to the movie itself, but to the rosary beads and other idols that some may have brought into the theater.

Whatever the case may be, I feel that if those in Christendom have made it an object of veneration, and the demons may have used it as an excuse to make themselves known, I'll take the safe route and stick with the book.

Ah I understand. Well this may sound completely out of left field so sorry. But I take medication for the crazies. So even if I did have demon troubles it would have to be out of the ordinary for me to recognize. The same stuff you mention is the same stuff that happens during a delusional or depressive episode for me and results in a dosage change. But that's for another thread sorta. But otherwise I guess I get it.

But yes... now I understand to just stick with Biblical movies from the Society. You just don't know the inspiration for these films.

Favorite Scriptures: Revelation 14:7 and Psalm 34:18 | Lost over 100 lbs following a whole food diet. 
¡Estoy aprendo español con Duolingo! | Lover of Ragdoll cats ❤️ Sammy & Toby

Thank you, Michael, for relating your experience. I see you have gone through a lot of trouble and horrible experiences. The fact that you remain a faithful Christian despite all those tribulations says a lot about you.

I am sorry if I gave the impression that I was encouraging others to watch this particular movie. I am not. Everybody should take their own decisions regarding entertainment, and encouraging someone to do something they disagree with is not a good idea. I usually abstain from recomending any film (unless it's with very close friends I know very well) because consciences and personal circumstances are immensely different from one person to the other, and something that is harmless or even upbuilding for someone can be a stumbling block for someone else.

Since the original poster asked for information regarding this movie, my intention was only to compensate the negative comments of some who did not even watch the movie with my own personal impression, which was overall positive. I have watched this movie several times both at theaters and at home and never felt any demonic presences. Brothers and sisters who watched it with me didn't mention having felt any negative influences either. Of course, personal experiences are subjective. Maybe there were other factors that made you feel the presence of demons when you watched it, and brother Stavro mentions an interesting possibility: the kind of people who were at the theater and the religious objects they carried with them.

I will seriously consider all the things mentioned in this thread if I ever think of watching it again.

One thing I can happily assure you: if it was Mel Gibson's and Jim Caviezel's purpose to convert their audience to Catholicism, they were unsuccesful in my case. :)

But yes... now I understand to just stick with Biblical movies from the Society. You just don't know the inspiration for these films.

Just let your conscience be your guide. Hollywood movies are made first and foremost to make money and entertain. They are primarily concerned with education or accuracy. Being shocked that a movie from the world gets the bible wrong is like being shocked water is wet or that fire burns. Still, it always shocking when movies like Noah get things SO wrong.

It is all up to your conscience and some movies like Charleton Heston's 10 Commandments are classics. Bur the deeper in the end we get, the worse movies will get. Even so called biblical movies.

Edited by trottigy

spelling :)

The language is Aramaic (which is likely the language Jesus and the apostles spoke), except when the Roman soldiers of Pilate speak in Latin.

I found it funny when the captain of the soldiers calls them "idiots". You don't understand a word of what he's saying and then you hear "i-dio-tas" perfectly clear. :D For some reason that Latin word survived with few changes in most European languages, including English.

We recently re watched this movie and I remember the same thing stuck out for me.