JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Reflect Jah's Qualities

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3623 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Reflect Jah's Qualities

PublicFriendsOnly MeCustomBountiful, Utah AreaFamilySee all lists...news feedSpiritual FamilyGo Back

Malachi 3:3 says: “And he must sit as a refiner and cleanser of silver and must cleanse the sons of Levi; and he must clarify them like gold and like silver, and they will certainly become to Jehovah people presenting a gift offering in righteousness. “

One brother used this text in a talk and included it in an illustration. He went on to say:

“This verse puzzled some during a Congregation Bible Study, and they wondered what this statement meant with regard to Jehovah’s character.

“One sister volunteered to find out the process of refining silver and to have the information ready for the next study.

“That same week she called a silversmith and made an appointment to watch him at work.  She did not mention anything about her particular interest or reason for visiting him other than her curiosity about the process of refining silver.

“While she watched the silversmith, he held a piece of silver over the fire and let it heat up. He explained that in refining silver, one needed to hold the silver in the middle of the fire where the flames were burning the hottest, and that way all the impurities would be burned off.

“The sister thought about how Jehovah would sustain us in such a ‘fiery’ situation, and she thought some more about the text that says:

‘And he must sit as a refiner and cleanser of silver…’

“The sister asked the silversmith if it was true he had to sit in front of the fire the entire time in which the silver was being refined.

“The man said yes, and that not only he had to sit and hold the silver, but he also had to keep his eyes on the silver the entire time it remained in the fire.  If the silver was left a bit more than the time required in the flames, it could end up destroyed.

“The sister was silent for a moment.   Then she asked the silversmith, ‘How do you know the exact moment when the silver has been fully refined?’  He smiled and replied, ‘Oh that’s easy – when I see my image in the silver.’

“If today you are feeling the ‘fiery heat” of Satan’s persecution, remember that Jehovah has his eyes fixed constantly upon you and he will keep watching you until he sees his image in you.”

There is a great analysis of Malachi chapter 3 here: jd chap. 14 p. 180 par. 5 “A Blessing Until There Is No More Want”

"when I see my image in the silver"  - is this really true ?  (it could be a wonderful example)

This one I do not personally know the source. Do your own research ask a silversmith, and get back to us. Then we will all have a reliable source in you. :)

This one I do not personally know the source. Do your own research ask a silversmith, and get back to us. Then we will all have a reliable source in you. :)

. Is what u wrote not reliable?

. Is what u wrote not reliable?

I did not say it was not reliable, I said do your own research about silversmithing if you are concerned about the source, as I am posting this as something that was sent to me, and I do not personally know the source.But if you talk to a silversmith and come back to us here and tell us about it, we will be able to list you as our source if you like. Agape my sister

I did not say it was not reliable, I said do your own research about silversmithing if you are concerned about the source, as I am posting this as something that was sent to me, and I do not personally know the source.But if you talk to a silversmith and come back to us here and tell us about it, we will be able to list you as our source if you like. Agape my sister

On the Forum we are more interested in First Hand experiences rather than second hand sensational stories. Many times these stories are sent to us via email or facebook by trusted friends but have their origins in apostate websites and that is why many members get defensive, roll their eyes and say "here we go again." That is one reason why the Forum Moderators encourages us to post First Hand experiences. Have fun posting!

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25