JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Ezekiel's Chariot Vision

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3608 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Hey everybody :)

For Family Worship, I am thinking of constructing a model of Jehovah's celestial chariot as portrayed in the book of Ezekiel. I was wondering if anyone knew of some pictures in the Society's publications of the chariot so that I have something to work with? I found one from last year's Watchtower which is good, but is anyone aware of any others?

Thanks :) suggestions on materials to make it are also welcome :)

I can't remember the specific year, but it was in the early '90's that we had study articles on the chariot with some fantastic pictures. I still remember the pictures vividly.

A quick search should get you the results.

We had a study just recently with it too. I think that's the one jerry linked to above. It's fascinating to understand the meaning behind the appearance of it being a war chariot, all the eyes and what they stand for....and the gems used. Or the angelic beings under it, the number of wings and placement of them has significance too.

Just a word picture that kind of blows your mind.

Thank you all so much for your help. We are definitely going to be viewing that video during family worship! :)

I found an article in the March 15, 1991 Watchtower all about Jehovah's celestial chariot. I don't suppose anyone has the hard copy and can check if there are any pictures of the chariot in that issue? The one thing that irritates me about the Watchtower Library - no pictures.

Thank you all so much for your help. We are definitely going to be viewing that video during family worship! :)

I found an article in the March 15, 1991 Watchtower all about Jehovah's celestial chariot. I don't suppose anyone has the hard copy and can check if there are any pictures of the chariot in that issue? The one thing that irritates me about the Watchtower Library - no pictures.

post-4202-0-19782700-1401695269_thumb.jp   

This picture is at the beginning of the article

-well said, i have a goal of scanning all the publications just because of that, but i don't know if would have time for it

Edited by Adelin

" Indeed, what do you have that you did not receive ? "

Thanks for the picture and video of Ezekiel's chariot. I have seen the video before. Since it appears evident

from the brother used to be the narrator of the piece it was produced under the direction of brothers from

World Headquarters. Seeing that, and another one done on Solomon's Temple gave me the hope that the

Society was in the process doing perhaps both an acted out and animated account of the Bible. I have long

wanted to see a modern updated version of the Photo-Drama. Think of what that would be like. With all the

advances now in technology and how we have grown in our understanding of the Scriptures since 1914,

it would be nothing short of "jaw-dropping".. Time alone will tell whether this is a project the Society has in the

works or not.

GStorrs46

Yup, that's the picture I remember. I remember that study vividly and the pictures. You should also go over the article because it broke everything in that vision down to the smallest detail and explained it clearly. One of my favourite articles.

Can't believe it was '91. That's now going back a few years.

Thanks so much Brother Adelin! Will go over those articles and will definitely be using that picture as a basis for the model. I'll keep you guys posted on the development of the model :)

And thank you to everyone for your help in this regard. You're a great bunch over here on JWTalk :)