JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Great local coverage on CTV news Kitchener.

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3595 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Here is the web address. I was taped today Sunday 15 2014. Over 5000 were there today. Video may be up on this link tomorrow.

http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/jehovah-s-witnesses-gather-for-a-convention-in-kitchener-to-celebrate-their-religion-1.1870006

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

Wow they even have another story about the boost to the local economy we are throwing at the business.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

These stories, while positive in themselves, seem always to be focused on what in it for us, the local

community. as in this case, The media always seems to highlight how much money the convention will

bring in to local businesses. Or it will deal with the fabulous job the brothers do in cleaning up the local

convention facility, which admittedly after all their ballgames and concerts is generally a mess.

At times, if there is an outstanding human interest story from the convention, or somebody famous who

attends, that will make the news. And of course, if anything negative happens at the assembly that will

be reported. Like when I was baptized ( there were 600 at that time ), one brother had a stroke and sadly

died at the hospital. I learned of that the next day in the paper. So while we can rejoice when at least any-

thing positive is said in the media, it seems to follow in a well predictable pattern. And while I find that sad,

it should come as no great shock. Because we are assured in the Bible that "the whole world lies in the

hands of the wicked one".

GStorrs46

Was anyone else at the Kitchener convention on Friday, June 13th?

If so, did you happen to record the sessions, using a FM receiver, such as a Williams receiver/recorder setup. My new recorder malfunctioned and didn't record some, mainly Babylon talk and start & finish of drama and parts of symposium. Have video ( done without tripod grrr ), however sound isn't the best, thus I wish to swap out audio with clear audio.

For drama - any fm recorded version would work, even if not done at Kitchener.

Please PM me if you can help. Thank you.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

These stories, while positive in themselves, seem always to be focused on what in it for us, the local

community. as in this case, The media always seems to highlight how much money the convention will

bring in to local businesses. Or it will deal with the fabulous job the brothers do in cleaning up the local

convention facility, which admittedly after all their ballgames and concerts is generally a mess.

At times, if there is an outstanding human interest story from the convention, or somebody famous who

attends, that will make the news. And of course, if anything negative happens at the assembly that will

be reported. Like when I was baptized ( there were 600 at that time ), one brother had a stroke and sadly

died at the hospital. I learned of that the next day in the paper. So while we can rejoice when at least any-

thing positive is said in the media, it seems to follow in a well predictable pattern. And while I find that sad,

it should come as no great shock. Because we are assured in the Bible that "the whole world lies in the

hands of the wicked one".

GStorrs46

You can take great comfort in the fact that we are the most "well reported" on religion in the world, not just in one area of the world but the WHOLE world.  There are much more positive stories that get told about us than negative - at least for the time being.  No doubt that will change as this system hurtles ever closer to it's demise.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D