JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

App for Android

I have a smart phone that I've never been smart enough for. I'm going with a prepaid phone next month and it's only talk/text.

So I have an Android Tablet (thank-you Chuck) and want to know if there's an app for driving directions, like a TomTom. What's it called? I don't have a "help I'm lost" thingy in my truck so want to use my tablet for this. 

Need suggestions.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

It is called Google Maps and it has an odd on for giving directions.

That said - if you are using your tablet for this - it will need to have some form of internet access while you are driving in order for it to know where you are and give you turn by turn directions.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Cheryl, if you have an Android tablet (like me - I LOVE MY Google Nexus 10!) just go to the Google Play Store and put a few words in the search area (top part) that describe what kind of app you want to find and that will help you find whatever you are looking for. Just be sure before you actually install an app that you make sure it's for a tablet too (not just phone). Happy App'ing!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

thanks Chuck B)  neat app
 it downloaded the app and Florida maps at no charge... is it only 7 days for free?

never used a GPS before,

do you have suggestions how to alter the route it chooses?

for example, to route using quieter roads over highways

thanks again :D

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16

I have never used the app, sorry. Maybe check "support" on their website. I thought there was video tutorials there. If not, do a YouTube search. I'm sure someone has posted videos as popular as the app seems to be. 

I have a "hot spot", for wireless. It runs off cell towers, if I'm not mistaken. Would that work for an android app? I purchased the hot spot, from wally world (walmart), and straighttalk has the propietary rights. The wi-fi runs about twentydollars a month, but the initial cost is seventy dollars.

I have triple AAA, have had since 1983. Their maps are excellant, and the road service is superb!

thanks Chuck

had sent support an email inquiry on changing routes, they said its few days for their reply

in the meantime thought to get your suggestions,

you know so much about these techie issues,

you've helped me a lot already

and I truly appreciate it  :flowers:

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16