JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Largest moon of the yr Sunday along with meteor showers

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3543 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

We will be able to see a supermoon tomorrow this will be the largest size moon to view because the moon will be closer tomorrow night to the earth, but it will also be accompanied by the yearly meteor shower...exciting to see the show. Enjoy Jehovah's creations brothers and sisters.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/supermoon-2014-all-you-need-to-know-about-this-sundays-supermoon-9658849.html

Problem is, the moon will be so bright and big, we will miss most of the meteor shower!  I hope in the new system, when phenomenim like this happens that Jehovah will provide us all the perfect conditions to watch it!!!! 

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

I took a photo of the super moon last night. It came out pretty well.

Favorite Scriptures: Revelation 14:7 and Psalm 34:18 | Lost over 100 lbs following a whole food diet. 
¡Estoy aprendo español con Duolingo! | Lover of Ragdoll cats ❤️ Sammy & Toby

I went out and layed in my hammock with a pillow and blanket - the hammock faced the moon perfectly.  It was as bright as if someone was shining a flashlight in my face!  Stayed out for only an hour or so and never saw anything streak across the sky, was a bit disappointed.  But if I play my cards right, I'll have an eternity to see this type of thing!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

On the Weather Channel they mentioned that in places where the moon was best viewed, it was so bright that the meteor shower could not be seen.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I saw a few meteors last night does anyone know the last night for viewing will be?

once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing strips with plaid is easy. Einstein