JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Brothers in Eritrea Still in Prison after 20 Years and Counting

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3548 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

http://www.asmarino.com/articles/3929-eritrea-20-years-and-counting-the-exceptional-persecution-of-jehovah-s-witnesses

"Since becoming an independent country in 1993, my country consistently and routinely harasses, imprisons, and tortures Jehovah’s Witnesses.

To date, at least 73 Jehovah's Witnesses are in Eritrean prisons suffering harrowing conditions [1]. None have been charged or sentenced. Jehovah’s Witnesses were stripped of their citizenship and basic civil rights by presidential decree in October of 1994. However there is absolutely no legal framework how the government handles religious prisoners."

Edited by Musky

Fixed link

They even imprison small children and we had a brother die there within the past year because they took them out to some desert to work and then kept them in a metal shipping container!!! He died of the extreme heat and not enough water or food! I've been praying for these brothers to keep their faith, and joy despite their horrible circumstances for years now.  Jehovah must have some reason why they are still in prison.  I pray that he makes them feel warm, when they are cold, that they feel well fed, when they are starving and that when they feel alone, they feel  the love from all of us and Jehovah!  I can't tell you how many nights I've cried praying for them.  

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D