JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3504 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

It's not uncommon for telecom management companies to set up branded sites for their clients to consolidate all the required backbone providers billing/support, and I see no reason to believe this is any different.

That said, telecom brokers deal in very large-scale high-bandwidth links, so the only ones who would rightly use this site are those in the IT departments of the various Bethel facilities. So unless your job in Bethel already involves filing support tickets on this site, please DO NOT fill in any of the forms or call any numbers, because the providers often have a per-ticket charge which may be billed to the branch.

This is NOT a Society web site.

WhoIs Data:

Domain Name : jwtelecom.com

PunnyCode : jwtelecom.com

Creation Date : 2010-06-29 14:07:42

Updated Date : 2010-06-29 14:07:42

Expiration Date : 2011-06-29 14:01:37

Registrant:

Organization : linshuhan

Name : linshuhan

Address : shenzhen

City : shenshi

Province/State : guangdongsheng

Postal Code : 518000

Administrative Contact:

Name : linshuhan

Organization : linshuhan

Address : shenzhen

City : shenshi

Province/State : guangdongsheng

Postal Code : 518000

Phone Number : 86-0755-82542261

Fax : 86-0755-82542261

Email : Email Masking Image@126.com

This is NOT a Society web site.

WhoIs Data:

Domain Name : jwtelecom.com

Wrong site. We're talking about jwtelecom.ORG

Domain Name:JWTELECOM.ORG

Domain ID: D171085812-LROR

Creation Date: 2014-02-10T21:01:10Z

Updated Date: 2014-04-12T03:47:04Z

Registry Expiry Date: 2015-02-10T21:01:10Z

Registrant Organization:Telecom Brokers

Personal data and emails removed, full listing here: http://whois.domaintools.com/jwtelecom.org

I have worked with Telecom Brokers when working for a major company, troubleshooting a cross-country intranet connection, and their branded support site used the same basic template as jwtelecom.org, misspellings and all. These branded sites are unpolished because they were never meant to be seen by the public. Even in the largest multinational companies with hundreds of thousands of employees, the telecom support site would be used by a few dozen, at most.

If you're still concerned, contact the branch and let them sort it out. But please, do not jeopardize their contract by blindly sending hate-mail to the site owners or techs, as some did in the "ebay Bibles" fiasco.

(Proverbs 18:13) When anyone replies to a matter before he hears the facts, It is foolish and humiliating.

Erin of Australia ask a question about a website.

Yes, Erin ask a question, "Anybody know anything about this?"

I was trying to figure out who said it was a scam?

DW said it LOOKS like a scam. Then Stavro gave a rather clear explanation of what it is. Not an apparent scam.

Looks to me like a useful tool for those that have reason to avail themselves of it. :)

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Wrong site. We're talking about jwtelecom.ORG

Oops! Sorry! I did copy and past the URL from this post so I don't know how that happened. I should have checked though. :(

Here are the results for jwtelecom.org

Registrant Contact Information:

Name: Stanya K Taylor

Organization: Telecom Brokers

City: Santa Ana

State: California

Zip: 92705

Phone: +1.7146403145

Email: Email Masking Image@telecombrokers.com

It looks like it was registered through Godaddy.com on February 10, 2014.

All this matches the information in the "About Us" page on jwtelecom.org (http://jwtelecom.org/about_us.html)